E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Folks,

I'm from N.S Canada and new to the metal detecting world..bought my first detector Omega 8000... on my first outing found a old 1939 LHNS silver/nickel fork,king's plate silver spoon all within the first hour..think I'm going to have fun with the new hobby.Oh ya...found some tinfoil,nail and a wheel off a kids toy.
So any of you Omega users don't be shy with your info, I can use all the help I can get to learn this beast.

HH.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Whimpster
I just got an Omega 8000 1/10/13 and have not had it out hunting ...just doing tests with it,and i got all three coils but one the 11"dd off my old G2 overloads the detector and can`t use it with that coil on it... the smaller coil 5"DD works fine and the stock 10" con. coil work just fine ....looks in my test`s that this detector hits deep and right on . I am happy so far .
Gary

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an omega 8000 as well,Two things i can tell you about the detector,1.Once you ground balance the machine,The ground error reading on the left of the screen is virtually useless,It will make you crazy,it always changes by one or two bars in any soil condition no matter what you do.2. The Omega loves to overload on anything close to the surface,It will overload on a quarter thats an inch below the ground most of the time if not everytime. Once you get your head around those two things,The omega is a great detector and will find you alot of good stuff.

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ran an omega for 4 months. Nice liteweight machine. But I was not getting the depth I wanted in my mid to hi mineralized soil. In air tests its crazy deep, but those distances were cut in half in my soil. In low minerals, this thing should go deep.

OP
OP
Whimpster

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Lucky for the tips...hope I can master the beast.
See what you mean about the GB it's impossible to keep adjusted, always showing two or three bars on upper side or lower side of the screen ....that's normal is it?

I have an omega 8000 as well,Two things i can tell you about the detector,1.Once you ground balance the machine,The ground error reading on the left of the screen is virtually useless,It will make you crazy,it always changes by one or two bars in any soil condition no matter what you do.2. The Omega loves to overload on anything close to the surface,It will overload on a quarter thats an inch below the ground most of the time if not everytime. Once you get your head around those two things,The omega is a great detector and will find you alot of good stuff.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`m sending in the 11"DD coil 2/5/13... Talked to Felix at First Texas and got an RA # so i will get it back way before the hunting season here in N.Y.
Gary

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great machine....

Last edited:

ProspectorBill

Jan 12, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 300, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Other
The 8000 gets very good reviews across the forums. There's a detectorist, "Rick of Nova Scotia" who posts videos with his 8000 finding all kinds of coppers and silver items. From all accounts a great coin and jewelry detector. Regards, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread