Omega 8000 vs Deleon & Xterras Thanks

CBAILEY

Dec 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer se, whites prizm v, whites classic ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Omega 8000 vs Deleon & Xterra's Thanks

I've had the xterra 50 and 70 for several months and just got my omega 8000 2 weeks ago. Although any of these aren't real complicated, the omega is the easiest to use. I also thinks the omega is at least 2 inches deeper or more. Works good in iron and has a fast response with targets close together. Surprisingly the omega with the 7.8 Khz actually seems to hit on nickels better than quarters and dimes so it may be really good for gold, though I haven't found any yet. Will be searching for gold when the beaches open in a few weeks here in my area of Georgia. I haven't used any Tesoros though. Craig

bubbadirect

Apr 29, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
NOKTA Fors CoRe Pro Pack
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
White's XLT Spectrum
White's TRX pinpointer
Garrett Pin Pointer

spotshot, I just returned my X-terra 305 and am anxious to see what the Omega can (and will) do. I previously had an ACE 250 that I was not impressed with (depth was lacking as was accurate signals) and just returned the X-TERRA 305 and was not impressed with it either (depth was lacking, basically the same as the lowest priced Garrett, and the signals given tended to jump around quite a bit). Also the X-Terra worked the best when you used it S.U.P.E.R S.L.O.W or basically 1 foot or less of sweep per second, which is TOO LONG for my book and experience with other detectors.

I too am impressed with what I see with the Teknetics and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this machine.

Let me know if you get one and what you think about it!

Canman

Dec 6, 2009
Scottsboro AL
Detector(s) used
Omega8000, Silver Umax

The Omega is a coin beast .I have had mine for about a month now .It locks on targets solid.I had the best hunt I have ever had in the 2 1/2 years of detecting ,about a week after I got it .I was a a school play ground that was the old high school then turned in to the middle school so the play ground was only a couple years old .I found a silver bracelet with the matching earrings and a pocket full of clad.It pinpoints very well.I'm looking forward to adding the DD coil to mine.It is a quiet machine compared to some of the other First Texas machines in its league .I do not think u will go wrong with a Omega

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I used deleon last year, I liked it, has very good depth, but got sick of mono tone, as well many different coins all read as "95"

I got Omega this spring, I like it a lot, and would never go back to mono tone. Although it goes against traditional thinking with it's low freq. it does hit gold very well, as stated above, better than you might think, in fact as good as some of the dedicated gold prospecting units, I know, I've had a bunch of them.

It is super easy to adjust one thing then another without slowing you down. There has never been another detector easier to GB. it even shows you when it needs adjusting ! Although it weighs similar to some other detectors it "seems" lighter, I can leave the shaft longer and make wider swings covering more ground. Target separation is great with just the stock coil. what else, oh yeah, only one battery, that last a long time.

I have nothing against Tesoro I assure you, but in this comparrison, for about $100 more, there is no comparrison.

Rick

KurtB

Sep 8, 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70, CZ20, IDX Pro

I have had the Omega and Xterra 70. I don't think you can compair the x305 or 505 with the Omega. The Omega seems to be lighter than the Xterra 70 but the 70 is built better. The big DD coil for the Omega is great. Wish the Xterra had one. Xterra 70 has tracking, in bad ground this would be a plus. The Omega has a faster response time than the X70 but the 70 is no slouch. When hunting in an area where you get a lot of falsing on the high end of the discrimination scale you can notch out the highest segments on the X70 and quiet it down. The Omegas discrimination stops at coins. A moderate swing speed can be used with either detector and still some deep coins out to 10 inches in my ground. The 3kHz coil on the X70 hits hard on deep silver.

Hope this helps.

Kurt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions