Omega 8000

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can get a weather cover for it other than it will hold up the TID screen scratches easy if your a woods hunter

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..........speanking of a weather cover, my wife has a Kindle, she buys those screen protectors from a book store, I cut one to size and fit it over my new Omega 8k to protect it from scratches. I also popped off the knobs and put a small felt gasket under under them to keep out dust and dirt. It has two headphone holes, I use the 1/4 inch, a strip of black tape covers the extra hole.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Night Stalker said:
..........speanking of a weather cover, my wife has a Kindle, she buys those screen protectors from a book store, I cut one to size and fit it over my new Omega 8k to protect it from scratches. I also popped off the knobs and put a small felt gasket under under them to keep out dust and dirt. It has two headphone holes, I use the 1/4 inch, a strip of black tape covers the extra hole.

Some good ideas here. Thanks.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Presumably they are well made as if you buy a new one there is a 5 year warranty to original owner. It won't be as powerful as some heavy Minelabs but most seem to feel they are worth the $$. The oval coil is a concentric so they won't have problems rejecting bottlecaps like the DDs. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread