Omega 8000

if you can get a weather cover for it other than it will hold up the TID screen scratches easy if your a woods hunter

..........speanking of a weather cover, my wife has a Kindle, she buys those screen protectors from a book store, I cut one to size and fit it over my new Omega 8k to protect it from scratches. I also popped off the knobs and put a small felt gasket under under them to keep out dust and dirt. It has two headphone holes, I use the 1/4 inch, a strip of black tape covers the extra hole.

Night Stalker said:
..........speanking of a weather cover, my wife has a Kindle, she buys those screen protectors from a book store, I cut one to size and fit it over my new Omega 8k to protect it from scratches. I also popped off the knobs and put a small felt gasket under under them to keep out dust and dirt. It has two headphone holes, I use the 1/4 inch, a strip of black tape covers the extra hole.

Some good ideas here. Thanks.

Presumably they are well made as if you buy a new one there is a 5 year warranty to original owner. It won't be as powerful as some heavy Minelabs but most seem to feel they are worth the $$. The oval coil is a concentric so they won't have problems rejecting bottlecaps like the DDs. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back