Omega and Fisher F75 elliptical coil

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its will "work" but not designed for it. The coils made for the omega "greek" series work much better.

OP
OP
mattw

mattw

Mar 31, 2009
Homer, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000 & Classic ID
It looks to me from a frequency standpoint that the F5 coil would be a good match. Don't know about the connector though. I am just opposed to using a 5 inch coil and creeping along when I have large areas to cover and little time to cover them. I really wish that they would make an elliptical coil that was 7.5 or 8 inches by 5 or so inches. I have them on my Whites and my Minelab machine and they seldom come off.

So far I am really liking the recovery speed of the Omega and other things about it, but would really like to add this coil to my arsenal.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I read on one of the forums that Teknetics/Fisher was coming out with a few new coils but nothing so far. I normally use the 5 inch around small trashy areas and the 11 inch to help cover larger areas, even in moderate trash. The 11 inch coil just seems to be a good all around size and not too large.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread