Omega finds first silver ring!

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
Went to a small beach today and found a few coins and my first silver ring. It is marked .925 on the inside. I found some quarters today with my Omega at least 9 inches in the sand. I had no idea this machine would go that deep. The id was a little bouncy but still locked on good enough for me to dig. If you thought about getting the Omega do not hesitate! This is an awesome machine!!!!!!

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you use it in the wet sand? I just bought a used one today, and boy am I anxious to get it!

OP
OP
N

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
I don't think the Omega will do too well on the wet sand but does really well on the dry sand. When I got a signal on some of the coins yesterday, when I dug down to about 6inches the sand was wet. I tried the sand that was saturated to the top and it didn't do well. I've only had my Omega for about 2weeks but from what I can see after learning some of the tones and signals that this machine for what I paid for it is hard to beat as far as depth. I haven't done much hunting other than in beach sand so far but I think this will do just as well on field hunts and old homesites. look on YouTube at Dirtfishings videos on the Omega and you will see what this machine is capable of. Watching his videos is what led me to buy the Omega and I'm glad I did. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread