Compatibility:coils

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, personally, am wondering what DD coil I would have to buy for an Omega

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
DD coils for the Omega should work.

DD coils for the other Tek "Frat Brothers" machines, as well as for the Fisher F5 and (new) Gold Bugs and the Tek G2, are the same thing although possibly with a different trademark sticker on them.

On some of these machines, there was an early version that used a push-on connector. Nowadays they're all screw-on. Make sure you get the right connector.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used selection is very limited it seems on the Fisher coils anywhere I look. Thought maybe I could look for some of the other brands that have what look like identical coils on some (and for all intents and purposes are the same company: First Texas) My friend has an F2 and wants to find a good used version since they retail around $127 new. I think used under $100 would be good.
DD coils for the Omega should work.

DD coils for the other Tek "Frat Brothers" machines, as well as for the Fisher F5 and (new) Gold Bugs and the Tek G2, are the same thing although possibly with a different trademark sticker on them.

On some of these machines, there was an early version that used a push-on connector. Nowadays they're all screw-on. Make sure you get the right connector.

--Dave J.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first Texas has have 5 other companies if not more that uses the computer boards

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first Texas has have 5 other companies if not more that uses the computer boards
Really? What other companies are under them? I always though that they just have BH, Fisher, and Teknetics.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

It's AD 2013, all companies use computers these days. So, what's that got to do with metal detectors, much less a searchcoil compatibility issue?

--Dave J.

PS: I still use a slide rule now and then, but the darn things are useless for browsing forums.

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Really? What other companies are under them? I always though that they just have BH, Fisher, and Teknetics.

First Texas Products is privately owned. The information being speculated about here is contained in the annual report to the stockholders, the said report being confidential. Liftloop isn't a stockholder.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread