OMG!!!! first time with my new etrac.....

metalman709

Jan 5, 2011
georgia
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola
hey guys....been a while since i've posted anything so here is the long and the short of it....my beautiful wife bought me an at pro for christmas, first few weeks and i wanted to wrap it around a tree!!!! but then i started getting good with it...well, 13 silvers(6 of them coins) and 233.00 bucks in clad later i am proud to say i love that coin-findin son of a gun!!! i will be keepin the pro....one glitch with it though, after 6 to 8 inches the vdi gets jumpy as well as the tone so not as deep as i would like....SO, this weekend i got the chance and bit the bullet and bought the etrac....i say its new, its only new to me...got a great deal on a used one with a sunray probe as well from my buddies down at north georgia relics... great guys....anyways, enough with the plugs, back to the situation.....read the manual, took it out, found some coins, including 3 wheats.... but the numbers on that thing!!!! man, i can already see more studying and the need for andy's book for this learning curve......:icon_scratch:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I, too, just switched from an AT Pro to an E-trac. I know what you are going through.

Once you get the hang of the E-trac, you will love it. I will admit, the first dozen or so hunts, I was NOT impressed and found it rather unpleasant to use.

I almost gave up but after a few awesome hunts... Now, I love it and won't look back.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you slow your swing speed down and let the machine work its magic. If you have some patince and learn what all the fuctions are you will have good results in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread