Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long dry spell, I picked up 2 boxes of halves today. Ripped the top off the first box and almost fell out!
There were 5 franks, a lib and at least 10 silver kens looking awfully sweet in the sunshine!

Final count 73- 90%, 20- 40%, and a 71 Proof clad
Box 1

5 Walkers 36, 42, 43x2, 45.

18 franklyns 51, 52d, 53d, 53s, 54x2, 61d, 62dx2, 63dx6, and a 63 proof.

50-1964 90% ken Half are MS 60 to 64

4 -1965
5 -1966
9 -1967
2 -1968
and a 1971s proof.

Thank is my best box ever. Previous high was 76 silver.

Chicago Ron

Attachments

• halves.JPG
    halves.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Oh sorry, was all excited about telling the story,
first box had a Feb date, 2nd was June 4. 2nd box 0 :{

chicago Ron

yep yep yep, that qualifies as a GREAT BOX! Congrats! 73 90%ers. WHOOO HOOOO

Yes, that is an excellent box CR!! You have to love that ratio of 90% vs 40%....phew. Congrats on your best box......maybe your next one will top this one..... ;)

I have never seen near that many Ben's or Ladies in one of my boxes. My boxes are onesies and twosies...lol. WTG.

Keep em coming..........& good luck on the next one.

Congrats, you really robbed the bank with that box. Great job.

HH.

doodman said:
What is a "box"???

It is how some banks/companies ship half dollars. $500 dollars of $10 rolls sealed in cardboard.

HH.

Dear Chicago R:

We at the bank regret to inform you that the box we gave to you containing over seventy silver coins was given to you in error. It was ordered by a Mr. Silverfinder, who is quite irate that he did not receive this box, and is demanding that the box and its contents be remanded to him immediately. Please comply. The box that was ordered for you, incidentally, has arrived, and is waiting to be picked up. We have taken the liberty of opening it to ensure that it contains the correct number of coins, and we can assure you that there are exactly 1,000 of them, all dated 1978, and most are in very nice condition. We're sure you'll be delighted.

Mr. Silverfinder, Bank Manager ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back