Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit A new spot today and was hoping to find some copper. My very first signal was a 1951 nickle and then about 10 minutes later I got a high tone on the E-trac bouncing all over giving coin numbers 1-46 12-48 and some other numbers in between so I figured a copper lawn sprinkler. I dig down and see a big silver!!!!! I was like cool Morgan Dollar. Then I picked it up and the dirt dropped off and I saw the most Beautiful coin Ive ever dug!!!!!! A Draped Bust Half Dollar!!! I was so happy I started to shake and all I could say is omg omg omg its a Draped Bust!!!! I got this one on video but Im not sure if I will post because I just lost control and made an Idiot out of myself. Thanks for looking HH

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 5,608
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 5,647
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 5,623
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 5,632
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 5,553
Upvote 3

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The holy grail of coins !!!!!!! That is freaking awesome Coop..congrats again bud ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
A-MAZING! Putting in my vote for banner too. Could you let those of us who have never found such a coin know what state (and county if you are willing) this came out of?

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Glad you decided to keep posting your finds. This one is tremendous to say the least. Hope to see it on top. Appears in marvelous shape. Must have been the same kind of rush as bringing in the gold coin. Glad you have a sweet spot to dig in, and I hope it keeps supplying you with more of your mouth-watering posts!

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
DMN said:
Glad you decided to keep posting your finds. This one is tremendous to say the least. Hope to see it on top. Appears in marvelous shape. Must have been the same kind of rush as bringing in the gold coin. Glad you have a sweet spot to dig in, and I hope it keeps supplying you with more of your mouth-watering posts!
That is a beautiful coin! Banner find for sure! DD

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Looking at it closer, on the reverse, is there some lettering across the shield? Looks like there is some and wondering die-clash maybe? Maybe it's just my ratty-old eyes. Looks like a recent minting dropped coin too. Seems like very little circulation wear.

Draped Bust Half Dollar General Grading Standards*:
AG3 Almost Good- Clear enough to identify.
G4 Good- Date and letters sufficient to be readable. Main devices outlined, but lack details.
VG8 Very Good- Major details discernible. Letters well formed but worn.
F12 Fine- Hair ends distinguishable. Top hairlines show, but otherwise worn smooth.
VF20 Very Fine- Right side of drapery slightly worn. Left side to curls is smooth.
EF40 Extremely Fine- All lines in drapery on bust will show distinctly around to hair curls.
AU50 About Uncirculated- Slight trace of wear on cheek, hair, and shoulder.

* Borrowed from http://www.coincommunity.com/us_half_dollars/1803_draped_bust_half_dollar.asp

filo

May 6, 2009
Unbelievable find of a lifetime! Banner all the way. Looks to be in amazing condition too. What sort of site were you at? Old homesite? Something else? Congratulations and I can't wait to see the video! Don't worry about looking like an idiot because I don't think many of us could hold it together if we had just dug up a coin like that.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG is right !!!! :headbang: Sweet find :icon_thumright:
Glen

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: If I found something that old I'd need a transplant :wink: Banner for sure :headbang:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one beautiful coin :notworthy: rare is saying the least Great find Banner!!! for sure :thumbsup: Jim

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow congrats american coins are so cool they really knew how to make a pretty coin back then

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030
Great find on the Draped Bust silver half!! Banner!!!

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unreal! I'm voting Banner.
Your year has been an amazing one so far.

Palmetto

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
DMN said:
Looking at it closer, on the reverse, is there some lettering across the shield? Looks like there is some and wondering die-clash maybe? Maybe it's just my ratty-old eyes. Looks like a recent minting dropped coin too. Seems like very little circulation wear.

Draped Bust Half Dollar General Grading Standards*:
AG3 Almost Good- Clear enough to identify.
G4 Good- Date and letters sufficient to be readable. Main devices outlined, but lack details.
VG8 Very Good- Major details discernible. Letters well formed but worn.
F12 Fine- Hair ends distinguishable. Top hairlines show, but otherwise worn smooth.
VF20 Very Fine- Right side of drapery slightly worn. Left side to curls is smooth.
EF40 Extremely Fine- All lines in drapery on bust will show distinctly around to hair curls.
AU50 About Uncirculated- Slight trace of wear on cheek, hair, and shoulder.

* Borrowed from http://www.coincommunity.com/us_half_dollars/1803_draped_bust_half_dollar.asp
It is defintely a ef-40 but a possible au-50 also... wow what a sweet coin!!!

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
This has to be over a $2000 coin from what i see the well worn circulated ones going for. And scarce to boot. What a score ! Congratulations! You gotta love this site. I love seeing what amazing things T-NET members find. ;D

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weddle546 said:
This has to be over a $2000 coin from what i see the well worn circulated ones going for. And scarce to boot. What a score ! Congratulations! You gotta love this site. I love seeing what amazing things T-NET members find. ;D
Thanks, My coin is better then xf its probably closer to $5000 HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread