Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow! what a morning digging it up I've had. Four old houses set up for disappearance to make room for expanding housing complex. My first LW half dollar! 1944P, nice condition too. 1863 One Penny from Great Britain? Who'd a thought that would be there? Very cool! 2 Wheaties 1935 & 1944D, 2 Canadian cents 1940 & 1960. One 1938 NYS dog tag, old silver spoon, a metal army dude, a Victorian looking ladies belt buckle I guess. 2 neat old toy cars. Finally a ring dated 1998 reads ?Xerox/Rochester Rhino's League Champions.

Absolutely loved this mornings fun time even though it was humid as heck and sweat all over my face. Boy did I get dirty too. Good thing for old trusty Levi's!

Attachments

• 6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 818
  • 6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    6.12.05 reverse.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 799
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be hitting this site up again this weekend. I see that they bulldozed the back and side yards ( A LOT and deep)!!! I'm afraid they took too much out but there is a huge mound of dirt right smack in the middle.
Wish me luck, I hope to come up with more goodies again. That mount of dirt is calling my name so loud it's kiiling my ears! All I'm hearing is BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! :)

Might not be til Sunday but I'll keep you all posted when I get back in house again.
Chris

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good luck! i cant wait to hear about how you did!

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ya'll, I went back to this great site after the control burn yesterday. Only came up with one '46 wheatie and that was on the big dirt pile that was bulldozed. It was even sitting on top of the dirt showing itself. But that was it, just junk there now. I must of cleaned out all of the goodies the other day! ;D

Attachments

• Control Burn.jpg
    Control Burn.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Control Burn.jpg
    Control Burn.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 350

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Real nice coins there. I hope you didn't find any "hot spots" at the Controled Burn site.

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get a good scan of the ring and can't seem to get a good digital pic either. I'll try to get something better in a few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions