ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to get back into CRH and see if my old order bank would put me back on "the program." (they did) So I thought I'd hit a few banks along the way. At the very first stop I heard that sweet "clank" of a 40%er and honestly couldn't remember why I stopped doing this in the first place. At bank #3 I got a scare. As the teller was pulling out the only 5 halves that she had, 4 of them were encased in 2x2 flips! My mind was racing...I was thinking, "Franklins?...Walkers?...better??" All 4, actually all 5 were 1971Ds. :icon_scratch:

Ended up hitting 6-7 banks and found $31.50 in loose halves which produced 2 40%

Now, I have the fever again. Wishing I had picked up some dimes or something to look through.

Upvote 0

blink

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back...as a new CRH'er I can say that this hobby is funnn! It's like gambling.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
ArkieBassMan said:
...honestly couldn't remember why I stopped doing this in the first place.

Out of curiosity, why did you stop? Your posts are usually so informative and you offer such good advice, I didn't know you'd dropped out.

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FormerTeller said:
Out of curiosity, why did you stop? Your posts are usually so informative and you offer such good advice, I didn't know you'd dropped out.

Back in September I was going to be out of town for a couple of weeks, so I cancelled my weekly standing order. After returning, I just kept putting off getting back into CRH. "I'll do it next week," was said a lot. Weeks became months. I honestly don't know why. At times it is more "job" than "fun." I absolutely detest dumping, even though I probably have the best dump bank in existence. They have told me on numerous occasions that I can bring in as much coin as I want, as often as I want, and it will never be a problem...and it hasn't. Still, I don't like doing it.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I put all of MY 1971D's in 2X2s before dumping them. Don't you?

:D :D :D

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
jrf30 said:
I put all of MY 1971D's in 2X2s before dumping them. Don't you?

:D :D :D

:laughing7: Actually I couldn't - they wouldn't fit in the coin counters. :laughing7:
maybe somebody was trying to be a wise guy or a practical joker thinking that the customer (CRHer) who bought them might be thinking just as ABM did at first that they were getting something good. Then again maybe the person who put them in 2x2's may have actually thought the coins had a little numis. value @ first then realized they were only worth $.50 each and just dumped them still in the holders - who knows. :dontknow:

Congrats on the other finds though & HH in 2012!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread