map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 262

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Shaw said:
I may get my trip back to San Marcos quicker than expected. Heads up to my fellow coastal Texans. After surge hunt anyone?

Well...you know my answer! gotta get that seahunter!

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Puttin new batteries in the Sea Hunter as we speak. lets see where it lands and then make some plans. (didn't mean to make a rhyme but it is pretty cool)

Mike

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Puttin new batteries in the Sea Hunter as we speak. lets see where it lands and then make some plans. (didn't mean to make a rhyme but it is pretty cool)

Mike

Oh, so you HAD to remind us you have a sea hunter...I'm hurt....................okay, yea....I'm just jealous! ::)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Dagnabbit you guys stay safe!! This is gettin really old worryin bout these doggone storms washin my friends away! >:(

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
Dagnabbit you guys stay safe!! This is gettin really old worryin bout these doggone storms washin my friends away! >:(

Yea...gettin old for us too...at least we haven't been hit like poor Louisiana! I think we are past due....our luck has gotta run out sometime...but I know I'll get outa here with my daughter...I'd stay if it were just me, but take no chances w/the little ones!

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Cynangyl said:

Thanks Cyn,

I am with ya Susan - I am not taking my little dude through a big one.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Shaw said:
Cynangyl said:

Thanks Cyn,

I am with ya Susan - I am not taking my little dude through a big one.

I know that's right J...we'll just have to go to the austin area and get others to "babysit" for us, while we go....um...get storm supplies...yea, that's it.....takes a long time to get those doesn't it?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wish I could just snag ya all and bring you here til it was over so I knew you were safe! At the very least please find a way to get in touch with someone on here so they can update us to let us know you are okay. Then sneak in and get storm supplies! :wink:

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
Wish I could just snag ya all and bring you here til it was over so I knew you were safe! At the very least please find a way to get in touch with someone on here so they can update us to let us know you are okay. Then sneak in and get storm supplies! :wink:

Thanks Cyn...we'll keep in touch...have laptop...will travel!

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Myelo, When we talk about storm supplies we mean batteries and the like. I think you are thinking about HURRICAINS not a hurrician! Although I must admit one make the other easier to handle!

Mike

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Myelo, When we talk about storm supplies we mean batteries and the like. I think you are thinking about HURRICAINS not a hurrician! Although I must admit one make the other easier to handle!

Mike

actually, one might make the other un-noticeable!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out today here in the water and the bottom was rolling, not sure what was the cause of it but it was kicking clad up everywhere. No gold today though.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Hey Shaw......... Galveston has been very slim pickings for the last 3 weeks, or more. I hit it the day Gustav hit land, and found less than $2. Got about $3 today, but gotta keep trying. Did you have any luck in the River? HH Gayle

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
rsc said:
Hey Shaw......... Galveston has been very slim pickings for the last 3 weeks, or more. I hit it the day Gustav hit land, and found less than $2. Got about $3 today, but gotta keep trying. Did you have any luck in the River? HH Gayle

Last time I hit the beach I found about a buck so three ain't bad! No luck in the river, The place was a zoo even in the morning. I am hoping to check back again sometime on a Monday.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Update 9-03, Noon:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    36 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 229
  • AL092008mlts.gif
    AL092008mlts.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 233

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Right now TxKickers in its path more than most, Sanantonio could get 60 mph winds. Gonna have to watch close.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
Right now TxKickers in its path more than most, Sanantonio could get 60 mph winds. Gonna have to watch close.

A hard one to predict, tomorrow will be the day to really watch close. Here we go - ???

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My plans are up in the air right now. It looks like it is going just north of Corpus. My dad is about an hour inland from the Corpus coast and his place weathers the hurricanes well. The only thing is flooding on low lying roads in the area. Right now it looks as if Corpus folks are heading out, and I will be heading that direction. Not to worry if things change and it is going to be a direct hit to Corpus or just below, then I got a safe spot a couple hours inland from there I will shoot over to. Lets hope everyone stays safe and it passes by quickly and Moves lots and lots of sand. The last hurricane that had a direct hit to Corpus was Celia in 1970, there have been a few minor ones hit north or south of Corpus but nothing that really devasted the area.
You folks north of Beeville, Victoria up to Galveston be safe I have a feeling you are going to catch the brunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions