One and one = one

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Over the course of hunting the last number of years, I've picked up a few pieces that were likely celt portions. Today I put two pieces together and came up with one piece that is likely a celt that was broken during manufacture. Due to lack of any polish on the piece I doubt it was exhausted, surely not used much if it was. Anyway I like when I can put two pieces together even if they aren't the greatest.
IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Thread! :icon_thumleft:

Yesterday while out hunting I walked around a juniper bush (7 feet tall) while my wife walked around the other way. When she was opposite to me she hollers and asks if what she found is an arrowhead, and that she found two of them. After going around the bush I take a look at her find and I tell that the two fit together and are a nice long knife. While put together it measures 5 3/4'' long.
But my question is, do you glue them back together or not, and if you do what kind or type of glue should you use? I appreciate your input, Thanks.

(I really wish I could post a photo, but this stupid computer will not allow me. The only way is to possibly text a photo with my cell phone and the other party post a photo of it.)

OP
OP
quito

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Great Thread! :icon_thumleft:

Yesterday while out hunting I walked around a juniper bush (7 feet tall) while my wife walked around the other way. When she was opposite to me she hollers and asks if what she found is an arrowhead, and that she found two of them. After going around the bush I take a look at her find and I tell that the two fit together and are a nice long knife. While put together it measures 5 3/4'' long.
But my question is, do you glue them back together or not, and if you do what kind or type of glue should you use? I appreciate your input, Thanks.

(I really wish I could post a photo, but this stupid computer will not allow me. The only way is to possibly text a photo with my cell phone and the other party post a photo of it.)

Thats a great story Old digger!

I have heard elmers glue recommended.

Hopefully Pickaway will clue us in on what he uses and why. With all the pieces he has put back together he has to be a pro.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery..

I use to hunt artifacts in Missouri, I met an old bachelor there who lived in the country and collected all his life, he found bottom half of a nice large turkey tail that was broken in half, about 10 years later he found the top half that was a perfect fit, together it was every bit of 7 to 8 inches.......

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great story Old digger!

I have heard elmers glue recommended.

Hopefully Pickaway will clue us in on what he uses and why. With all the pieces he has put back together he has to be a pro.

I use a small amount of super glue first I clean the break areas of dirt mineral deposits etc then I take superglue and squirt a small amout on a paper plate then I take a small nail dip it in sg and put 2 small amounts on one side of break then put em together,i use a tiny amount so seams fit together elmers always made seams stick out or I was doing it wrong.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a field found broke n match the two pieces were like 3 ft apart.
!cid__IMG00008-20100202-1108.jpg !cid__IMG00009-20100202-1109.jpg KIMG0339.JPG

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Digger I have a heck of a time posting pics from the pc mode also sometimes it works sometime it don't

Last edited:

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a slate bannerstone found two pieces of it in a field.
KIMG0392.JPG

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KIMG0875.JPG Matched up another one today.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that’s a killer point what’s the story behind it ? Did you find the missing half days or weeks later ?
Those 2 pieces were prolly found in same area 3 TO 5 years ago, ive been organizing my brokes from that site recently. Its not as easy as one would think to match pieces that blade the top part patinated a purplish color while the base stayed blue grey, thru me off.
KIMG0878.JPG

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The material on that killer piece Looks like krf.

No its flint Ridge that's just a back lit shot of same piece, KRF did make it to Ohio The Hopewell culture imported it into Ohio and made some big beautiful artifacts out of KRF, Matched up another one today, post pics later.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times all they needed was one side with a bit and the back side semi rounded to take a blow wether it was mounted or hammered like a chisel. Amazing to find both pieces. I am still trying.
Here is a guy I follow on youtube. He is amazing with primitive tools. Here he shows how he makes a celt/adze and its use.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread