One Big Pocket Spill Or What???

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still trying to figure out if this is a pocket spill or What??? Found all the coins ( except the 4 quarters) in one small area about 2 foot by 2 foot . Total came to 63 pennies 3 nickels and 11 dimes. It got to the point were I had to stop and get home for supper. I was still getting readings, so I know there are more coins in the ground. I was using my pin pointer more then the Ace 250 after I started to dig them out. Boy what a afternoon. Total clad coin count was 81 coins. Was out for about 2 1/2 hours. Have to get back soon and see how many more coins are buried there. Will keep you posted. Hope the Pic is clear enough. Shane

Attachments

• Find Sept 16 2009.jpg
    Find Sept 16 2009.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,075
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same happend to me today 37 cents in a 2 ft by 6 in line.. fliped out the plug and pennies start flying.. good hual MR TUFF ;D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
that happened to me about 8 days ago. I had so many hits with the 250 that I laid it down and used the pinpointer and probe to pop the pennies out. The first day I had 81 pennies and a few nickels. I went back the next day and found 16 more pennies a couple of quarters. I think there might be even more there. They were stacked 2 and 3 deep. It would have been even more fun if it wasn't 100 degrees. :icon_sunny:

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on that spill Shane. I would say you hit a good spot. :D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've had the same experience. By a picnic table....machine went crazy and there were coins everywhere!! I got real lucky because in the spill was a "V" nickel as well. I think I wound up with 2.26 in change.

Hope there is alot more for you to find when you return. :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it at a picnic area? Possible sawdust and sand piles mixed with coins for kids to have a scavenger hunt in at gatherings..
Ray

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
A couple of years ago I found about 30 US pennies in the gutter.

They must have been in there a few days as they were starting to corrode and discolor.

:)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone broke their piggy bank on the way to cash in the coins. That certainly is a great deal of coin in one area.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another garrett sucess story wtg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a spill much like that several months ago. I went back to the area really early one morning and saw that it was where the paper carrier picked up his bundle for the morning. Nice spill. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions