One hour hunt yesterday. My first gold ring!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Decided to hunt my favorite lake beach yesterday a little, and it seems to give up goodies very nicely these days :icon_sunny:

So it was a quick hunt, about an hour or so, but it was enough to find my first gold ring! It sure is a small one, but it's a ring, it's gold, and it's a keeper! Finally digging those crap signals pays off :headbang: This was the second gold I've found. Last week I managed to find a small cross pendant, some of you might have read about in the other post. :icon_pirat:

There was an older couple putting their clothes on after a swim when I dug the ring, and they started walking back to their car when I yelled my buddy I just struck gold. The lady hears it, and asked me if it's ok to come to take a look at the ring. I told her it's ok, and she ran to me followed by her husband, and they both were very excited about the ring. I was acting like it was just a normal everyday find for me. Then the lady asked her hubby to get her a detector too before they left. That was funny :D

Only €0.60 ($0.86) in spendable this time.

Attachments

• Gold ring.jpg
    Gold ring.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 618
  • Gold ring in dirt.jpg
    Gold ring in dirt.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 628
  • Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 623
  • The lake.jpg
    The lake.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 616
  • Gold ring closeup.jpg
    Gold ring closeup.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

sabresfan

Greenie
Apr 3, 2009
Stockton, California
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Nice find, but be careful about showing your finds, you'll get alot of false "that's mine" claims.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your first gold ring. Now there is ust more to coe your way.....Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg on the gold

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job! I think I'll try my local lake beach, I'm sure there's a class ring or two in there somewhere.

scratcher

Jan 31, 2008
Can you post a closeup of the little silver colored thing at 3 o'clock in your first photo?

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone! :notworthy:

scratcher said:
Can you post a closeup of the little silver colored thing at 3 o'clock in your first photo?

Why would you like to see a closeup? It's one of those things they use to tie up the ends of a sausage skin when making them. I have quite many of those in different colors. I'm kinda collecting them. LOL ;D

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sabresfan said:
Nice find, but be careful about showing your finds, you'll get alot of false "that's mine" claims.
Hey that looks like my ring :-\ Just kidding :laughing7:nice find :hello2:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Love hunting those lakes always gold around. i also love the european Clad actually can get some good money, great find

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
Love hunting those lakes always gold around. i also love the european Clad actually can get some good money, great find

Yeah, you can get a good money sometimes when finding lots of Euro coins, but most of the time we dig those worthless old Markka coins :-\

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Congrats on your first gold ring. Now it should be a lil easier to find the next one.

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
I checked the ring today under an magnifying glass to find any markings because I wasn't able to see anything without one. I already thought it wasn't marked at all, when I spotted them on the outside of the ring. It's barely visible, but I think it says .585, which would make it 14k. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread