One in a 389,000 find.

pariswalk29 (NH)

Sep 10, 2007
Derry NH
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
HI all
Just wanted to share some pictures of my most recent find. I've recently found a new cellar hole here in Derry NH, one
that I've walked past at least 6 times before. We just had a night of heavy rain, so I knew that this would be a good opportunity to get out and do some MD'ing.
Sorry I don't have any pictures of the site, but I didn't have my camera with me at the time. I was walking to another field I've been working for a few days now when i stumbled across this cellar hole. I decided to work the field nearby first, when that didn't pan out I moved over to the new cellar hole.
I was looking around the cellar hole and came across the button first. Seems like a virgin site, because of the items I was digging up. I found one button about 6 feet from the front door way. The other buttons ( the large one and copper looking one) were both found inside some cracks of some of the rocks on top.
The rare find, a 1821 Large Cent coin. It was only buried about 1 inch or so on a downward slope toward the center of the house. I took a look at it, thinking nice find, did my little happy dance.. ha ha.. then shortly afterwards had to get going due to weather. I've only hunted 1/2 the site around the immediate area of the house. I've got a lot more to work on. I will keep you updated if I find more. When I got home, I cleaned up the buttons and they all seem to have a pattern on them. Some you can see more than others. I was working on cleaning the dirt off the coin, and decided to look it up in my RedBook coin list. I found out there were only 389,000 of these coins made. So immediately I just dried it off and put it in plastic. I'm thinking about getting it professionally cleaned and maybe graded. What do you think?
I will keep you updated as I hopefully find more items in this spot.
take care and Happy Easter to you all. Or Should I say Happy Resurrection Day.

Mike B Derry NH

If I can, I'll also include a pic of my Father holding up a 9 pound Lobster we had recently.

Attachments

• DSC00308.JPG
    DSC00308.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • DSC00306.JPG
    DSC00306.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSC00295.JPG
    DSC00295.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC00315.JPG
    DSC00315.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • DSC00302.JPG
    DSC00302.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSC00317.JPG
    DSC00317.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,006
Upvote 0

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
outstanding looking finds! That lobster looks pretty good, too. Where's the buter??? :occasion14:

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
screw the coins i want the lobster!!!!!!!!!!! yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread