Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course I had to get out last night after finding all those beach tags last weekend! This time I went to a more convenient lake that has been hit hard by myself and many others over the years. But, as you have heard many times before, no place is ever hunted out...

I found another tag, this one is huge, bigger than a Morgan Dollar! My guess is that this one is much older than ones I have found in the past. I would place it somewhere 1895-1910, based on what I know about the park and the other tags I have found.
2009_06300002.JPG
I also dug a 1927 Buffalo Nickel. Can you believe it is my first?

I cleaned up the Barber from the weekend. It came out pretty decent.
2009_06300004.JPG 2009_06300005.JPG

Any beer experts that can help me ID this old bottle? I think it says Philip... White Bear Brew...6th & Erie Ave. Philad.
2009_06300010.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
þlæbah said:
I enjoy the local exonumia more than any other aspect of the hobby right now. The beach tag is nice.

Exonumia....I love it!!!

"Exonumia are numismatic items (such as tokens, coins, medals, or scrip) other than coins and paper money. This includes elongated coins, encased coins, souvenir medallions, tags, badges, counterstamped coins, wooden nickels and other similar items. It is related to numismatics proper (concerned with coins which have been legal tender), and many coin collectors are also exonumists.
Besides the above strict definition, others extend it to include non-coins which may or may not be legal tenders such as cheques, credit cards and similar paper. These can also be considered notaphily or scripophily."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread