fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense to the fine citizens of Rancho Cucamonga but.... A hearing on dredging there is akin to hockey tryouts in El Paso ain't it?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Fullpan

Found this juicy tidbit on the GPAA forum....

You have to remember that the state officially said that dredging causes no harm in the CEQA. The politics are some folks feel that it may cause harm and is the reason we are in court. Judge Ochoa said earlier this year in open court that having the CEQA show no harm, they (DFW) will have hard time proving the need for the moratorium.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So tired of this crap. I read the second article down pertaining to Idaho and small suction dredges. If the EPA shows up where I'm dredging and starts asking for papers I'm sticking to the fourth amendment of the constitution and backing that up with my second amendment. You do not have to provide papers proving that you are complying with the law when the act itself is not in violation of the law. I was high banking this year and fish and game pulled up. I said hi and gave him every courtesy of conversation until he asked for my papers proving water rights to the tributary I was working. To which I looked bewildered, then took a long look around at my surroundings then took a big sigh (audible to the F&G officer) and said "phew! Thought I'd fallen into Nazi Germany there". That's when he looked bewildered. And I said "Officer, is the action that I'm performing here illegal?" He coyly responded "without the proper paperwork, yes" I asked "do you know that this is the United States and in the United States we do not have to show license unless the action is illegal or that the officer has probable cause to believe that the person is committing a crime?" Then I quickly asked him "do you have probable cause to believe that I'm performing a violation of the law here" and he curtly said "if you don't have the proper paperwork" I said "that's not what I asked, let me rephrase, am I being detained?" He said "no" I said "good day then" and walked over and fired my pump back up. He watched for a while and walked around a bit and then got in his truck and left. He was even nice enough to wave. Now if I didn't have my pistol on my hip I don't believe that it would have gone that way. But then again maybe he understood that I'm not one to just bend....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the farther away from Alameda county the better.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In 1988 the first Jamaican Bobsleigh team made history in the Calgary Olympics Winter Games

No offense to the fine citizens of Rancho Cucamonga but.... A hearing on dredging there is akin to hockey tryouts in El Paso ain't it?
th

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sad part is when the judge grants favor to miners, it will not end, the nut buckets will appeal or bring up some other crap to stop dredging
and also not forget there efforts to abolish 1872 mining law
IMHO Stand-up or shut-up a simple e-mail saying thank you, a one page handout flyer given to merchants you do business with that will suffer the nut buckets misinformation. support the following who stand up Silent No More Publications - YouTube About

the nut buckets and misinformation
MoveOn Petitions - Abolish the mining law of 1872 https://www.hcn.org/issues/121/3863 EARTHWORKS | Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2007

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The court date is next Tuesday at 8:30 am - HB prospector, Mellowyellow, SoCalmatt, Aurabbit, and all the members in that area, please call your buddies
if you can't attend the hearing personally. Thank You.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread