One more to go to hit my goal

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I hit my "wheat grove" at 6:30 this morning! :sleepy2: Tried a new spot, but had to give it up - two inches down there's packed stone in a large area that I specifically wanted to hit today. :( So, I went roaming on the other end of the field and started getting wheats. :) After a while, I got a good signal and it was a '50 Rosie.

Rosie in dirt small.jpg

A while later I got another good signal that looked like an Indian judging by its depth. Out came a 1907 pimply Indian!

Well, I goofed around there for a couple more hours, and decided to start working my way back to the car because it was close to lunch time and I was hot, thirsty and tired. Right then, I got another good signal that turned out to be a '44 Merc. :)

Marc in dirt small.jpg

So the final take was a bunch of clad, about 8 wheats, two silver dimes, and an Indian with a case of acne.

Coins2 small.jpg

One more silver and I'll be at my goal of 50 for the year. :o :thumbsup: ;D

Then I got home, logged into T-Net, and found an invite to hunt a new spot with Brett & Kermit. :-\ Thanks for the invitation! Sorry I didn't get out there - I hope you did well and look forward to seeing some good posts of what you found! :wink:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Its a good thing you missed the message Neil. I think we got the last 3 goodies from that place and that was it. That was the cleanest place for good signals I've ever seen.

Nice going grabbing that Merc on the way out! Bet that perked ya up a bit!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice hunt! I love those in-situ shots. I'd do it more, except I hate toting my camera with me all the time.

50 silver? I have never even found 50 silver coins ever! You sure are on fire with the Etrac. Keep it up!

Joe

For your Indian head:

Attachments

• proactive.jpg
    proactive.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 105

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG...

I'm 8 behind you.....Jez I got to get out more..... ;D ;D

Congrats,,,

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Congrats on a two silver day Neil! It's probably a good thing you missed our invite, because you would have had to get really lucky to find silver where we were today. I still can't believe we pulled it off.

Hope your 50th is a good un!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
49 for the year, eh? Well I only got 46 or so to catch up with you. I think I'll give it a try in a week or two.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Neil :thumbsup: (even if that wasn't a 1914 Merc :D)

Man, I only have 20 more silvers to go before I catch up with you :P)

Tomorrow's the day :wink: (that you get your 50th)

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT JOB NEIL HOPE YOU FIND YOUR 50TH SOON,WTG!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Kimsdad.......Way to get that silver.........I made my most valuable silver coin find hunting my way back to the car....I was tired,and discouraged...I don't think I found a silver all day,and It was within 15 minutes of time to leave....I was ready turn the detector of and walk.........GOIO said "No ....Let's hunt our way back to the car"........within 5 minutes I got a nice silver signal 7" deep within 6'-8' of the sidewalk.......a 1896 O barber Q............I said 'Thank you for suggesting we hunt back to the car GOIO'.........Never give up

Silvergurl

Jul 10, 2009
The Shire (near O'hare)
Lowbatts said:
49 for the year, eh? Well I only got 46 or so to catch up with you. I think I'll give it a try in a week or two.

LOL ... reminds me "...in a week or two.. I was gonna buy you diamonds..." hey who sings that again? Old song.

Sweet finds, Niel! :hello2:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud, I just found my 25th silver for the year today. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread