One Of Andrew Jacksons Cufflinks Found (Pics Added)

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
They have found one of Andrew Jacksons cufflinks at Fort King in Ocala, Florida. The archy guy I talked with said that there is only one other cufflink that is known and Andrew Jackson had them made to wear himself. They dont know yet if he gave some to a friend that was a General in the Second Seminole War. The story should come out shortly and I will post the article. The city of Ocala has been keeping it quiet for now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
Re: The Word Out Of Fort King Ocala Florida

Pictures of the cufflink will be posted shortly here www.seminolewars.us under the News tab, it will come out in the Spring 2009 newsletter with a close up picture of the cufflink. Check it out.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Re: The Word Out Of Fort King Ocala Florida

Very nice can't wait

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I know of the other Andrew Jackson cufflinks that were popular at the time.. but this cuff link was attributed to Jackson himself versus a variation on the other Jackson items? i guess, to me, it seems odd he would have personal cufflinks made for himself that had his own likeness on them.. seems far more likely they fit in the same category as buttons with the jackson backmark and the other know Jackson cufflinks.

Outstanding find regardless... I have seen a dug pair of the Jackson cufflinks and they are outstanding finds!!

MB

OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
All,

I did not find them, Gulf Archaeological Research found them at Fort King in Ocala, Florida. The archy guy I talked with said that he probably gave them out to some friends as a gift from him as President. Whoever wore them at Fort King lost one of them. It could have been Winfield Scott or Wiley Thompson or Keith Call during the second Seminole war.

Did you guys follow the links and see the cufflink?

What did you think?

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think its amazing. Thanks for sharing with us, and giving the site to visit. Very interesting.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should of been around 1814 I'm guessing? Thats incredible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread