One of my best boxes

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
My day started out disappointing. I went to 2 banks that I had luck with last week. The first limited me to 5 rolls last week because I wasn't a member. Today they didn't give me any because they said they have to charge businesses so they shouldn't sell me a bunch of halves for no charge. They said they would ask the vault teller about it and give me a call (She was at lunch). No call today. The other bank I got a $500 bag last week but this week nothing.

This afternoon I picked-up my weekly box. I've only found 1 40% in the last 2 boxes so I was hoping to improve. When I got the box I noticed in one of the holes in the box the roll was very close to the top compaired to the others. My wife also noticed it right away when I got home. Broke open the box and pulled that roll out. It wad 23 halves in it, started with a $1.50 profit. ;D For the first time I had 2 rolls with silver showing so already better than my last 2 boxes. I ended up with 1 1945 Walker, 1 64, 1 65, 3 66s, 8 67s, 5 68-Ds, and 1 69-D. I also found 1 1988 5 Kronor from Sverige (Sweden).

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice box.What state/city you in? If you don't mind me asking.I didn't order any halves this week.I've had 12 boxes of skunks in a row.Figured i'd give it a rest for a little while or try to find some without ordering them.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Fropa! Hopefully they keep improving like that.....good luck.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on all the silver,foreign coin and profit! I love the Walker it is the best designed halve.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks diggummup. I live in Wisconsin. That is a bad stretch of luck on the boxes. My theory is most of the silver has rolled South to lejeuene's neighborhood so anyone North of there is running low.

Thanks lejeuene. Someday I hope I can post a find similar to the ones you've had, but this one was still nice.

Thanks scotto.

Thanks Pennyworth. It was a nice mix in this box.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Good Box!
I like surprises and overstuffed half wrappers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread