chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I used an eltromelt furnace to melt and a rock from the garden to make an impression in clay.

I bought a medusa pendant from ebay. When it gets delivered I'm going to try and cast it in gold.

Attachments

• medusa.jpg
    medusa.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

sleeper0986

Oct 18, 2013
San Antonio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used an eltromelt furnace to melt and a rock from the garden to make an impression in clay.

I bought a medusa pendant from ebay. When it gets delivered I'm going to try and cast it in gold.

That will look sweeeet! Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I cast the Madusa. The pics suck! The coin looks much better than the pic.

I'm going to try some roman coins. I'm going to run out of gold fines but I have some jewelry I can melt.

Attachments

• madusa-back.png
    madusa-back.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 314
  • madusa-front.png
    madusa-front.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 312
OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's cast it's NOT a nugget but a replica and jewelry as NOT a nugget-John

It's a replica what? It's a replica Nugget so it IS a nugget.

It's not jewelry. It would be jewelry if it was attached to a chain or in a ring, ect.

It's a nugget just like this is a casting of a car: Maisto 31264- Dodge Challenger R/T Convertible 1:24 Die cast car - $21.51 with 1001Modelkits.com

You better call the authorities and tell them that this is not a gold nugget ring! Men's 10K Gold Nugget Ring - View All Rings - Zales

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I cast one of my old Athena coins. It more detailed in person than shown in the pics and a whole lot better looking than gold fines in a bottle.

Attachments

• athena.png
    athena.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 279
  • athena-2.png
    athena-2.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 272

sleeper0986

Oct 18, 2013
San Antonio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cast one of my old Athena coins. It more detailed in person than shown in the pics and a whole lot better looking than gold fines in a bottle.

That one is just flat out cool! Looks like a real hammer struck coin! How much does that bad boy weigh?

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a replica what? It's a replica Nugget so it IS a nugget.

It's not jewelry. It would be jewelry if it was attached to a chain or in a ring, ect.

It's a nugget just like this is a casting of a car: Maisto 31264- Dodge Challenger R/T Convertible 1:24 Die cast car - $21.51 with 1001Modelkits.com

You better call the authorities and tell them that this is not a gold nugget ring! Men's 10K Gold Nugget Ring - View All Rings - Zales

I think what Hosers trying to say is it would not be a real natural nugget, like out of the ground, therefor it would be a replica. If you was to sell that as a natural nugget on like ebay, you would be scamming people.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The Athena weighs 20.71 grams. The Medusa weighs 11.83 grams. Both are about 1" in diameter. The Athena is thicker. I'm going to try to cast a bar from a Mayan pendant.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't melt nearly enough gold so I didn't get the whole pendant. Again the pic doesn't show the detail.

35.77 grams

Attachments

• mayan-pendant.png
    mayan-pendant.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 204
  • mayan-pendant-whole.png
    mayan-pendant-whole.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I think what Hosers trying to say is it would not be a real natural nugget, like out of the ground, therefor it would be a replica. If you was to sell that as a natural nugget on like ebay, you would be scamming people.

What he said was "If it's cast it's NOT a nugget but a replica and jewelry as NOT a nugget" It's cast and is a gold nugget. McDonalds makes nuggets out of chicken I made one out of gold.

I never tried to pass it off as a real natural gold nugget I said it was cast & wouldn't sell it on ebay as a natural or cast nugget. I can tell just by looking at the pics on ebay that many are not natural nuggets.

The fees charged by ebay and paypal (more than 13%) are enough reason not to sell at ebay you would be better off selling elsewhere.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
fakes once sold will probly be misrepresented/misunderstood as real! to clarify your peices, you need to stamp/engrave your intials or something on it to flag it as fakes.flintnappers(arrowheads) usually do something to their points to indicat that it isnt authentic !

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
fakes once sold will probly be misrepresented/misunderstood as real! to clarify your peices, you need to stamp/engrave your intials or something on it to flag it as fakes.flintnappers(arrowheads) usually do something to their points to indicat that it isnt authentic !

I'm not going to sell any of them. If for some reason I needed money and had to sell I would melt them and sell the gold.

Last edited:

AUMIKE

Greenie
May 27, 2012
Mother Lode
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you guys have to go pick someone apart? He is having fun!!! I think it's cooler than dust in a bottle!!!! Nice chlsbrns do your thing!!!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep it up, gold is awesome in all forms!!!

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do you guys have to go pick someone apart? He is having fun!!! I think it's cooler than dust in a bottle!!!! Nice chlsbrns do your thing!!!

Because selling fake nuggets is big business and hurts honest miners.

Some people instead of getting spot for their fines will make a fake nugget and get 20%+ more for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said it was a natural nugget. I did say it was cast. I never said I was going to sell but I guess I need to say it AGAIN ... I HAVE NOT & WILL NOT SELL FAKE NUGGETS!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread