Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever? Yes.

Soon? I have no idea, but am guessing no.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The market is correcting itself right now. It will probably go down more before you ever see it go up again.
When it did hit $50 last year it did not last long. Will it hit $50 this year, unlikley.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a gold coin in 2004 for $555 it is now valued at ~$1600. Wish silver would go up that fast like gold!

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around that same time maybe a year or two earlier I was buying silver eagles for 7-10 dollars

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just watched a video that gives some aggressive points as to why silver won't drop below $25. Who knows though.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like there is alot less competition CRHing right now. During the 2 mania runs to 40+ last year and 2-3 months after each run up there were definitely more people in the "mix"

I'm rather happy stacking in the 20's !

Just my 2 cents.

HH,
Bigheed

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
The precious metals market is one that will drive you crazy watching it on a daily basis. It is the only market that is legally control by man. The major precious metals holders of this world control it majorly with such holdings as they have. I have always said and will continue to say that in the L O N G run we are ALL in it to make money. I have found myself before getting worried about the price but then I look back when I first started and realize I didn't have a clue about the "spot price" I started for the simple fact that I enjoy coins. I feel as if we all need to realize sometimes that though there is a lot of money to be made and loss we must keep our focus on enjoying the hobby. I have gotten to the point where I have just bought and bought and now I am realizing that money is all I had in mind. I am working on getting focused more back on the hobby and enjoying. Currently I am working on a set of silver eagles, set of pennies, set of silver panda, set of silver maple, I feel as if in 30 years when I am ready to retire and if The Lord don't come back I will have made a wise investment. I guess to sum it up just enjoy What you are doing and don't worry about the things you cannot control.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread