One Silver Coin Is The Quota

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
A few months back the crew and I ran into this small park, there’s not much to it, just a baseball field and outer lawn areas. I don’t believe a minute went by that day before the Explorer had sniffed out a silver Rosie. On a second occasion, there was another Rosie, and this last weekend I managed to find a mercury dime there. Yesterday, with a few hours to spare, I decided to give it another try in my best attempt to keep up with Tom who has given me a run for the money with that M6 of his.
At one point, I thought I had this park figured out………I was constantly hitting wheat pennies back to back on a line. I tend to form what I’ll refer to as fault lines out of these places. Coins, trash and silver sometime seem to run uniform along a boundary. Anyhow, in my mind it was either a question of time before a silver coin popped out, and it could possibly turn into a multi silver day. While that little area where the wheat pennies were coming out did not produce, right alongside a concrete path next to some tall grass appeared this silver quarter at about 3”. This park is hesitant in coughing up more than one coin, but has always given up a treat.

Attachments

• May11Quarter.JPG
    May11Quarter.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Congrats. I hope you meet your goal.

HH,
Pepper

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver.

I have a park like that by my work. It seems like it only gives up one keeper each time I go....just enough to keep me coming back. I only recall one time that I hunted it and found a silver quarter and a barber dime a few feet apart in the same hunt. Last time I went, out popped a 1935 Buffalo nickel from an area where I enter a baseball field so I've must have missed this one a few time....it did just rain the day I found it.

Keep at it and happy hunting.

NJ

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Ricardo,
One silver quarter is better then 25 sinkin pennies.
Joe

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, your persistence paid off again :) Nice find on the silver! (and a Washington to boot.... go figure). How'd I miss that? :D

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Ricardo,

Nice going on the quarter. It's always great to find silver. Sounds like you have a nice spot to hunt there. I hope you find many more!

hh,

Dr. Ace

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man...!!! ??? I mentioned this in another post, if your pulling out silver from this ballfield. Then you have a long way to go because after that silver your going to find copper. Old Copper IH, small and large cents, gold, V nickles and buffalo's. :icon_pirat: If its anything like the ballfield around here then you have lots of finds to come. ;D Old ballfields are great! ;D

PS: Always enjoy your posts, hope to see more Youtube Videos soon too.

Keep @ it and HH!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions