Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this at the lot today, along with the usual assortment of wheats [to lazy to scan them today].
Is made out of lead, appears to be an Imperial German soldier [spiked helmet] Though I know other armies throughout history have used the spiked helmet also.
Looks like at one time his trousers were a vibrant red, and field coat a bright blue - And has what appears to be a gas mask canister on his back, further indication of its WW 1 vintage.
Object has no feet - Most likely they came off with the base it once stood on, which may be the reason it was abadoned to the soil decades ago [base was nowhere to be found].

Attachments

• tin.jpg
    tin.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Xray,

nice tin soldier, has to have a good bit of age behind it.

"One Tin Soldier Marched Away".

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice relic find Xraywolf. It's neat how it has retained some of its original paint.
You'll need to be careful cleaning that one. Nice picture of your find in its
original condition. Hope you can find some more members of the lost platoon.
HH!

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nice find, but on the other hand, drats to you....now im going to have that song stuck in my head. Although it is one of my old favorites....wasnt that song from one of the billy jack movies?

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WeaponsUSMC said:
Nice find, but on the other hand, drats to you....now im going to have that song stuck in my head. Although it is one of my old favorites....wasnt that song from one of the billy jack movies?

don't remeber if it was from billy jack, but I remember I liked it when I was a kid, and got it stuck in my head one day a few years back, then downloaded it from kazza and I listen to it every now and then.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool find, WTG!!!
Finding something like that is better than finding gold, well maybe, I'm not sure I have never found either... ;D
If you find any info on him, Please keep us informed...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alls I can say is the song [if we are all thinking about the same one] is by a band called 'Coven' if you wanna search for it.
About cleaning - Beleive it or not, I did clean it. You should have seen it before. I just gave it a light toothbrushing with soap and water and that got alot of the gunk off. When I first found it, I almost tossed it away as a blob of scrap
If I get it any better I'll post another pic of it.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Billy Jack was a guy popular in the early/mid 70's I beleive it was - He was half Indian and was like being opressed all of the time.
He was into martial arts and I guess his movies would be comparable to say some early Chuck Norris movies or Charles Bronson death wish series.
Action packed, decent story line of a guy being pushed to the wall and fighting back type of thing.
I think he made about 3 or 4 movies - The one where he takes on a biker gang I liked the most.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread