one to blow the ace250 and f2 out of the water

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When these were selling from Radio Shack at $99, with rebate, they were a good deal. I think both the F2 & Ace 250 are better detectors.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
there not bad but the f-2 is actually a modifid version of the 3300, with a faster audio responce, better handle ass. and minus the gb, which was a pain to set at times on the 3300

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
strike it rich said:
read the features of this model and tell me if you think it sounds like a great machine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180234417194&Category=14955&_trksid=p3907.m29
It definitely SOUNDS like it would be a great machine and perhaps to some it is. But I owned one for a short period of time and was glad to sell it for what I paid. They're selling on e...y for an average of $212 plus s&h, although some are listed at below and above that figure. The one in your URL sells for $337 USD!

I sold mine for $165 which is what I paid and right after I sold it I saw selling on another forum for $115 shipped!

The machine proved problematic to me in a NYC park which was never problem with my other detector. The 3300 would not stop beeping no matter how I adjusted it. Additionally, once you set the discrimination to certain points the minute you changed modes those settings would be erased and you'd have to reset them. A big PITA! It had the benefit of a Ground Balance knob, allowing you more flexibility, but the knob was not fixed solidly and that bothered ME.

The machine has to be good 'cause the Fisher F4 is almost identical and that puppy costs $400-$500+

But I prefer a machine that has some analog controls that will stay set. I feel better I got rid of it and bought a BH Land Star, it doesn't sound off unless there's something there.

Silver Fox

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I don't think a 3300 will blow a 250 out the water...........there's a reason why the 250 is still selling hot and the 3300 which has been around for a while is not. I had a 2200 and experienced the same "Reset your settings" issue silverfox describes. That is a real hassle. I don't think anyone ever really figured out how to set the ground balance on a 3300. The only think alot better than a 250 at this time in my opinion are mid lever detectors with manual GB. As for entry level, the 250 and the Tesoro models seem to be the best.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I would have to put my money on the Ace. I heard they are not that accurate and the $170 is actually more...$$$$ Canadian price. I think. :director:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread