Settings on a soverign elite when looking for a specific item in trashy area?

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
Hello,
I haven't posted in quite a while but the weather is finally warming up! I am kind of new to the elite even though I've had it a while. It is a stock machine. Here is my story for this hunt. The place I work at owns the property that my dad grew up at. When he was young he lost his fathers class ring on a specific site on the property. They have recently cleared the brush and will be tilling soon in the area he remembers losing the ring. Time is short what settings would you use and numbers dig to "cherry-pick" this area. I hope they don't show today to till! If I come up empty I will try again after they till.
Thanks for your help!
Troy

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
if your looking to find the gold ring, your going to need to dig just about every signal but most likely it will read somewhere between 300 to 500 an theres a lot of trash in this range.if your looking for just coins, then your going to dig 520 up to 550 an for nickles there448 to 452 if I remember right,been awhile since I used the 550 meter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My process that seems to work
is find somome with a item like the one your looking for.
most class rings are 10K
find somone with their class ring swing over it and remember the tone and number
and dig everything in that range to 5 above & 5 Below

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread