One week from now--VACATION TIME!!!!

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Going camping in Michigan Labor Day Week-everybody with kids will be on their way home for school-(My kids are grown and on their own-HA-HA!!!)those state campgrounds will be almost deserted-Me,my wife and the dog-My wife;bless her soul,made reservations at a state park up north that allows detecting;because she "knows what I like"!!!!THEN-after a week there,I may be headed to that private beach club down Dee-troit way -the one with 2 beaches,100+acres to hunt;that has been in use for the last 100+years-OH,BY THE WAY:I am the only one allowed to hunt it...I have to call the owner Saturday the 9th of September-him and his wife might be going on vacation then for a break from running that beach club all summer-it closes Labor Day-If I cant go there;thats ok-I will still have the camper on my truck;gas money in my purse,and the detectors safely tucked away in there-dont have to be back to work until the night of the 14th....I guess I will have to break down and find another state park in Michigan that allows detecting...SUCH a hard life,ya know???

Upvote 0

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Good luck!
At least you can use your machine there. Here in N.J. most state parks and state forest areas are closed to it. What stinks is the scoff laws go and do it anyway sometimes and others that claim ignorance of the law do it. Some places you can go by permit. At least you can go on most beaches here that are not state run.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Night Wind,

Happy huntin on that labor day treasure huntin trip! sounds like ya got some good grounds lined up!

Be sure to post some pics of your finds! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread