ScubaDad

Jul 1, 2012
Blaine, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at several pieces of software and websites for logging finds online, I've decided that none suit me or have everything that I want in them.
Because of this, I am going to develop my own online find logging software (gotta love being a programmer 8-) )... anyway, since I'm just starting to build the database and code, I realized that for about another 5% in additional work, I can make it so other people can create their own accounts in this system and use it as well. This will be free (though at some point donations would be appreciated) and I wanted to get the opinion of others as to what functionality and fields they suggest to be included to cover the majority of finds and ways that people record them.

Thanks in advance for you input and hopefully I can develop something useful for everyone. If you are interested in beta testing this send me a PM.

Thanks,
J

OP
OP
ScubaDad

ScubaDad

Jul 1, 2012
Blaine, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
43 views and no one has an opinion or interest? :(

OP
OP
ScubaDad

ScubaDad

Jul 1, 2012
Blaine, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure I tried that one too and if I remember correctly it didn't have a map interface to determine your gps coordinates. Ideally you'd want to take them from the site while you're there but a google map API would be nice if you didn't or don't have a GPS.

I'll have to take a look at it again. I also like the online idea so you can access your logs from anywhere and show others or log from your phone while in the field.

Not sure how useful that would be to most people but I'd like it lol

Thanks for your input though. I hope others chime in here. I'm working on putting together the feature set of the site now and will post it here when I have it more solidified.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you put it online, there is a possibility that someone can hack it, and see where you have been hunting, and next thing you know, your spots are empty...
I use this program to keep track of my clad finds...

Treasure Keeper.rar

HH,

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
43 views and no one has an opinion or interest? :(
OK myself i do not log my finds or record my finds............ I don't have to look at a log to know what i have found .......I know what i found i know were i found it...... All my finds are sold or scraped............. And i look at it this way it is like looking back not ahead......A lot of extra work for nothing........... But for ones that like that kind of thing go do your extra work.....But that is not for me..............

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I log everything onto Google earth, so I know exactly where, what, when and any other data I want within the notes I post on my map.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread