Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mcgearhead said:
I am still feasting on mine from last year ! Of course it was given to me. I really do miss hunting, but since we've got a family now, somethings just take a backseat.
To wvbullet,
If you knew how they slaughtered cows, you would defenitly not eat that stuff ! Here in Georgia there are starting to be way too many deer. People are always crashing their cars into them. Now that, my friend IS sad, that a deer died for absolutly no reason !
Sorry about that folks ! It just upsets me that we can't live off of the land, the way God intended us to do, without someone yelling and screaming bloody murder !
Very Well Said.....They could outlaw it and I would still do it.....It's what we do!!!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job, TC!!! Our season opens Saturday. Stands are set up, meals are planned, licenses are purchased, and anticipation is amazing! Our trail cams have indicated several nice bucks.

As far as WVBullet goes, I hope he/she is a vegan. ::) :P Maybe he/she is on welfare and has to just eat what is handed down to him/her. And hopefully he/she doesn't wear a leather belt or shoes. ::) ::) :-X If they do, they're very hypocritical.

Besides, deer meat is non-fat and tastes great! Peal them off the highway or get 'em on the hoof. Beats beef any day.

Noodle

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
That being said, (gotta tell on myself here)a little more to the story, I forgot to punch out the date on my deer tag (big dummy), got a call from the warden today, hes sending me a warning ticket.

cival war hunter 2 !

Dec 29, 2007
LOL. :D

TEXAN Connection said:
WV is actually only 13 yrs old, so there ya go.
That being said, (gotta tell on myself here)a little more to the story, I forgot to punch out the date on my deer tag (big dummy), got a call from the warden today, hes sending me a warning ticket.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
It is funny, LOL is right., Glad its just a warning, I was all square other than that.

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree everyone has a opinion on this subject ;D
But we have fed many people with our deer harvest.We have to killed a least 300 does a year to
keep the population down on our property which is 25,000 acres.We also have the longest deer season
of any state,which means fresh meat is available for 4 1/2 months.We clean and quarter all these deer
and once a week,load the trucks and go through the neighborhood and distribute to elderly ,disabled,then anyone who can use it.We never let one deer go to waste.We receive phone calls daily,heart felt thank yous.We still live in small town America,Where you do what you can to help someone in need. :icon_sunny:And oh what a great feeling it is. :happy3:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish Jeff could get out and hunt again I miss the meat in the freezer! And we miss the jerky when our daughter was younger and in hosp in St. Louis she had care pkgs from home with jerky the nurses and other kids wanted lot more! We have a roast and 1 pack of burger that a coustomer gave Jeff cant wait to eat it!

The deer are so thick up by the hosp which is across from J.C. Pennys and other main bussiness is over run but, it is in city limits but all you gotta do is look over in the yards of the house 1/2 block away and see 5, 6, 7 or more eating ! And most of the fawns are twins.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jdubya said:
PETA; People Eating Tasty Animals. There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy!

Ohhhhhh...I can still remember the smell of Elk in the slow cooker in Wyoming. Big bowl and fresh, hot cornmeal bread. Don't get me started on Elk backstrap, what a treat.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little buck Texan. Hope your family enjoys it on the table as much as mine would. They just passed a new law in Oklahoma that hunting and fishing is a right of the people of the state and has made it unlawful to interfere with the legal pursuit of game or varmints. Monty

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I voted for that one, I LOVE DEER MEAT! I am shameless I will beg a pkg. from almost anyone!

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Not guite in rut here yet, so maybe you'll get one when they start moving, keep me informned

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
My neighboor got a 6 pt This sunday am, Thats a couple youg boys that came along with him for the hunt

We got 3 pigs this morning also

Attachments

• 100_0666.JPG
    100_0666.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 373

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
HEY! Quit pickin' on road kill. It used to keep me in business, when I used to do collison repairs. Whilst I do not like venison, I am not against legal culling. I used to small game hunt, I love pheasant, rabbit, quail, duck and goose, oh and Dove. In Michigan years ago, we used to be able to take 5 drakes and 2 geese a day, then they (DNR) put a point system on water fowl, Drake mallards 10 points each and geese 25 points each. Limit for the day was 25 points. Now everyone in Michigan is complaining about Goose Poop city! I think geese (Canadian) are protected now, can't hunt doves, to weak to pickup shotgun anymore. But I occaisionally take a rabbit with my pellet rifle, the ones that take a short cut through my garden ;D. And I haven't heard or let alone seen a pheasant in years, not even roadkill. Now I don't even do the rabbits anymore, because their meat is fulla worms. DNR said shoot 'em anyways, then dispose of properly. So....have at it deer cullers of the world. :hello2: :wav:.........NGE

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
TEXAN Connection said:

So, the game warden found your error where? At the meat locker? Hmmm, that warden sure is laz... I mean dedicated! :wink:

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some tasty lookin speed beef :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done.

Hal

Top Member Reactions