Opinions on a possible swap....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all.....I currently own a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger. I do like the machine and am having fun with it...but feel a different "all around" machine might be my best option as I live a bit far from the nuggets.

An opportunity "may" arise where I can trade it for a Tesoro detector....it is not a 100% deal yet. Still waiting on a return reply.

I was looking at the Silver Umax as a straight trade....seems a little easier for a newb like me. However, a few friends here via PM have said to go for the Cibola as they feel it is a better and even swap.

My Gold Stinger has a few minor cosmetic issues like the stickers peeling and very small scuffs from normal use. I have a new coil cover on it and the stock 5x10. I would say 8/10 for looks. Machine works fine but is a bit "fussy" in my opinion....99% of the people I have talked to about the Scorpion say that is very normal for this machine.

Any opinions on this possible trade? If this is wrong section for this I do apologize.

Thank you TN!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver and Cibola are okay, but IMHO you'd be better served with one of the machines with manual ground balance, like the Outlaw or Vaquero.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread