Opinions please?

twolys13

Jan 29, 2011
merrimac,massachusetts
Im thinking of getting an mxt pro and am going to be using it alot on the beaches of Mass and NH. But Im going to be using on land also, so I guess my question is, is that going to do the job on the beach as well as it would on land? Im sure there was an easier way to put that question but it has been a long day..my apologies. Would appreciate any feedback, in fact I hope Ill be able to find the feedback, because I suck at participating in forums...Thanks in advance (and in case I cant find this again! :wave:)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twolys13 said:
Im thinking of getting an mxt pro and am going to be using it alot on the beaches of Mass and NH. But Im going to be using on land also, so I guess my question is, is that going to do the job on the beach as well as it would on land? Im sure there was an easier way to put that question but it has been a long day..my apologies. Would appreciate any feedback, in fact I hope Ill be able to find the feedback, because I suck at participating in forums...Thanks in advance (and in case I cant find this again! :wave:)

From what I know, it is a great land detector, but not so good at the beach. It would work fine in the dry sand, but wet salt sand and saltwater will cause it to false because of the salt minerals......

Welcome to TreasureNet.... :icon_thumright:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...throw the salt switch on check parallel to the water line,or in other wards check dry sand only,wet sand only..bring up the gain so it is not cattery,weight for the nice repeatable smooth beep all ways lift your loop over the target to get a size and dept report,and all ways turn an Cris cross your tar or get X it as they say.that alone will tell if the target is good by X ing it.because the number likes to change on the vdi, and if it hits hard here,pin points,over there it's probably a big peace of iron..all ways dig the low vdi's when their deep targeting, and when it sound like a C/J mode beep,and your in relic mod and it doesn't tell you any thing on the screen,and it's repeatable,and the pin pointing is just a low growl...dig... there some then there that is deep .I found a 21 pound piece of glacial float copper an at 3.35 cents a pound I did good on that one. I was on my belly digging arms reach like the the pros do.one thing i love about the mxt is the sound of the nice smooth beep in c/j mode.grunts and the chirp in the relic mode.and the zip zip,int prospecting mode..to many tones can be tiring some, I had to listen to one,I hope the mxt pro doesn't sound like a prizm 5 G. have fun with your new detector From White's. liftloop

OP
OP
T

twolys13

Jan 29, 2011
merrimac,massachusetts
Hey guys, thanks so much for your input, Im wondering if the mxt is the right choice. Any opinions on a saltwater-sand/land md? Would that be the excalibur?? Or is it better to get 2 seperate mds one for land and one for salt sand??I have the coinmaster but want to upgrade.Thanks again!

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do what liftloop says to do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread