spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what's really funny. Just the other day I was giving some suggestions in my normal way and I had one person so opinionated that he had to sign up and debate me :laughing7: The best part is that he later put me on ignore... Yet I said nothing wrong :dontknow: Actually, I did present some good ideas, but perhaps in a non conventional way. :tongue3:

Do I care if people have something to say when I go to a black tie event in shorts with white knee high socks and sandals? I think not :tongue3:

What ever happened to the days when we were able to discuss, or debate any issue, without having someone get their draws all twisted up :laughing7:

And no, I don't look at the world through rose colored glasses, mine are kaleidoscopes :thumbsup:

So state your case, and kindly move on :laughing9:

Opinions, we all have them :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to find the lock button so no one could reply either. :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forums can always get wild
it is wild to see how everyone does feel about crap in life. good to see who the loonies are also.

you know I am on another forum and a man posted that his neighbor was violating the HOA in his neighborhood by 'hiding' a RV behind his treeline. (no rvs allowed to be parked at your home)
he said it didn't bother him at all, but 'should he snitch?" on this guy.

well the responses were unreal.....so many posts back and forth, yes, you must obey the HOA rules and report him---NO he isn't harming anyone so leave him alone. the amt. of posts to this one little question--should I snitch? just went crazy LOL...and in the end the yes and nos were fighting like cats and dogs on that thread HA HA

if you have an opinion throw it out there, why not...what is the worst that can happen????

S

Smee

Here you may get an ugly PM from a Mod, a threat to be banned or even be banned.

images

Oooops! Did I say that?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, you hit the nail on the head when it comes to some issues.

I guess people on both sides need a cause and believe they are righteous when debating a possibly hot issue. I can visually see it unfolding, slow at first, then, when more participate the line is drawn in the sand. Now each camp is out recruiting more volunteers to hear and answer the call :laughing7:

Normally the first few salvo's are harmless enough, but it's not enough to win the cause, so you need to bring out the big guns. Once the fur is flying new recruits are drawn into the fire and each side must hunker down for the siege.

Actually, I love debates in this fashion; so, I too must jump in with both feet :headbang: The only difference in my posts is that I will perhaps write 2 paragraphs, each contradicting the other, thus taking both sides. After people read something like that, they normally would sit back and shake their heads :dontknow:

Smee, I have never received a ill willed PM from any moderator, but by the same token I have had a few threads locked :laughing7: Even if I would disagree with their message, or action, I just move on and think of anyway to present the issue at a later date :tongue3:

It's something like a backhanded complement like this..

That red dress is lovely, too bad red is not your color :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmerchick, too funny! :laughing7:
Smee, the bands banned, I'm outta here then!? Wait, did I read that right? :icon_scratch:

Well Horses daddy, mike brown, I mean Spurtacus, some seem to shore have an onion about you! :tongue3:
Do you do tricks, too? :hello2:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Some opinions are better left unsaid, but some must be said.
You make the choice and it reflects on you.
Everyone knows Spart's manner of presentation so they should have the salt shaker handy while reading his spicy lines. Frank

S

Smee

pat-tekker-cat said:
Smee, the bands banned, I'm outta here then!? Wait, did I read that right? :icon_scratch:

I should have written:

"you may be threatened with banning or actually be banned."

I only write from experience . . . and I did find my old PMs I had downloaded.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Everyone knows Spart's manner of presentation so they should have the salt shaker handy while reading his spicy lines. Frank

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that count.. Some don't know me, but they eventually catch on... Well, maybe they do once they take me off of their banned list :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
Frankn said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that count.. Some don't know me, but they eventually catch on... Well, maybe they do once they take me off of their banned list :laughing7:
I'm going to have to side with Frankn on this issue . Those that would put you on ignore probably are wiping paper against paper to clean up after they evacuate .
Keep on posting . Most of us like your wit .
Jim

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just keep doin what you do best sparty! Man I been away from here too long..Is Mighty AP still around?
Got a Question for the Great Spartacus? :tongue3:

How can you stump a man, Who cannot be stumped?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78, I haven't seen, nor heard from AP in months.. I sent him several e-mails and all went unanswered. I hope he is OK. I know he was supposed to be busy with his job, but I am not sure what is going on in his life.

Yea, I do have an answer for everything.. Unfortunately, it's not always the right answer, or one they don't want to hear :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been away to long. I been tryin to catch up a little bit.
If they dont want to hear it, Then why do they read and post to it?
The author Isn't responsible for his dribble right? :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78, you got that right :thumbsup: I even had to so kindly remind one gentleman to read my disclaimer too, just yesterday. :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats alright buddy! They either read it, :read2: Or else. Or else they miss out. ;D

ALL HAIL THE GREAT SPARTACUS!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only used the "ignore" button one time - and it didn't have anything to do with posting anything.

I, personally, like debates - even when they get heated. You don't have to be "looney" - you just have to be passionate about something, to lose your cool, and show your "inner" self.

Smee,

How do you get that saying under your posts to keep changing?

Beth

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll better be glad Mrs. O showed up when she did. :laughing7:
Someone was gonna hafta clean up some cat-puk! :cat:

Spart, ya never told me you had groupies! :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
You gotta know, cat ain't bowing to no one! 8)

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happens when you start a topic and it gets out of hand, Well when the whole thing is you arguing with yourself about something you typed in and didn't like what you had to say to yourself?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread