Oregon Vikings off topic.... free for all thread!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here...I've been working on this off and on for a while now......I traded, for a couple of pinball machines to work on, one is up and running the other is a HUGE project....It started out as , well...I'll just take this out and redo it, then....Well I'll just unscrew this, these needs replaced......Before I knew it? The whole thing is apart! Every nut bolt and screw!!! And I'm going to rebuild half the cabinet before it's all over!! I've already ordered parts and rebuilt the power supply, part of the sound board, and I'm working on the main board now, as I get the extra money and find parts....

Wanted to redo the Play field, Then it was tracking down new inserts and plastics, then....I needed an airbrush for the paint work.....etc....Haven't made it too far, I've been reading and taking my time also ....again...........waiting on more EXTRA money for materials....

A couple of pics....
powers supply 091.JPG
powers supply 074.JPG
013.JPG

The pics aren't in order, the thing is taken apart as far as it can be right now!! Lots, of wires!! This may be one of those things that never makes it back together! Who knows!! It's fun though!No, there is too much wrapped up in it to bail now!!:laughing7: The last pic is the working machine, but you can see the project on the left, before it was completely apart......and other junk!! from our move that I haven't gotten to yet...:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here...I've been working on this off and on for a while now......I traded, for a couple of pinball machines to work on, one is up and running the other is a HUGE project....It started out as , well...I'll just take this out and redo it, then....Well I'll just unscrew this, these needs replaced......Before I knew it? The whole thing is apart! Every nut bolt and screw!!! And I'm going to rebuild half the cabinet before it's all over!! I've already ordered parts and rebuilt the power supply, part of the sound board, and I'm working on the main board now, as I get the extra money and find parts....

Wanted to redo the Play field, Then it was tracking down new inserts and plastics, then....I needed an airbrush for the paint work.....etc....Haven't made it too far, I've been reading and taking my time also ....again...........waiting on more EXTRA money for materials....

A couple of pics....
View attachment 1346284
View attachment 1346287
View attachment 1346288

The pics aren't in order, the thing is taken apart as far as it can be right now!! Lots, of wires!! This may be one of those things that never makes it back together! Who knows!! It's fun though!No, there is too much wrapped up in it to bail now!!:laughing7: The last pic is the working machine, but you can see the project on the left, before it was completely apart......and other junk!! from our move that I haven't gotten to yet...:laughing7:

High speed is in the 3,000 dollar range on ebay. Shipping though....:BangHead:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High speed is in the 3,000 dollar range on ebay. Shipping though....:BangHead:

Ya..but usually, unless real lucky, those prices are for nicely restored, I've seen them as low as 600 bucks and up to 5 or 6 grand, but I really wonder if they ever get those kind of prices...It's a pretty common machine. Not all that rare...Some parts are hard to find though! And really? By the time I buy all the parts and put the time in? I'll never get it out of it...This was a oooops! I didn't realize it was as bad as it was till after I got it home...Newbie mistake!!!:BangHead:

I have the one in the bottom pic listed now, and didn't really care if I sold it or not, which is good! Because not one call so far..:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to a few storage unit sales that had pinball machines.....never had the room! Prices were great years ago, I haven't seen one for sale in quite a while.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.!!! The vines wrapped around people killing them. They grew at astounding rates. There was no stopping them until they were accidently sprayed by sea water which killed them. They sprayed all the plants with sea water killing them. The Announcer says: And in the end Mother Nature wins over All.!! hahaha Loved it.
How's about SpaceBoogers where the Aliens picked their noses and flicked it at people !!! :laughing7:

I loved those Class Z Movies. !! stay tuned !!! PEACE:RONB

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at 60 I tell my wife that the next time I move I want it to be after we arrive home to find it burned to the ground ( I really hate moving)

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 60 I tell my wife that the next time I move I want it to be after we arrive home to find it burned to the ground ( I really hate moving)

When I moved.......I had a garage,a storage garage,a 3 bedroom house with a basement, it was one of the older houses with the full dining room, fitchen and huge living room, in the corner of the living room I had a restored Quad:laughing7:. 2 bedrooms were packed to the ceiling, basement packed, garage, and storage garage. I was an organized hoarder if that makes any sense.Hey!! I ran into a lot of "deals"! :laughing7: Collected a lot of things, we didn't have our son yet, so we only needed one bedroom. I still have the storage garage packed in Ohio, and it's been about 3 years since we have moved. I've opened it once, and that was a couple of months ago, looked in, and said, WHY?

What I'm getting at!!! I WILL NEVER MOVE LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!! We have thinned it out so far, and I just want a couple pickup loads of stuff in the end. No one needs that kind of stuff! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the?
Well .......

Purchased new by my great-grandfather, cost a weeks wadges I was told. 8 day, 30 inches tall....LOUD!
As always 2-3 clicks for enlargement....

DSCN0693.JPG

DSCN0686.JPG

DSCN0685.JPG

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! That is cool!! And looks to be all original! I like the wood, and it looks like it's all in perfect shape!! I use to see similar clocks occasionally that people would paint or did really poor restorations on them...But I've never owned any.

I have a couple of clocks I kept....Around here somewhere in a box....One day I'll have to dig them out!! I don't think I have anything that old. I think the oldest one is a cheaper Crystal regulator and I can't even remember who made it at the moment....I might have a carriage clock that might go back to the time period as yours, but don't know......

That's a great piece to have!! Even if it is loud!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! That is cool!! And looks to be all original! I like the wood, and it looks like it's all in perfect shape!! I use to see similar clocks occasionally that people would paint or did really poor restorations on them...But I've never owned any.

I have a couple of clocks I kept....Around here somewhere in a box....One day I'll have to dig them out!! I don't think I have anything that old. I think the oldest one is a cheaper Crystal regulator and I can't even remember who made it at the moment....I might have a carriage clock that might go back to the time period as yours, but don't know......

That's a great piece to have!! Even if it is loud!:laughing7:

Thanks!
It originally had an alarm, but according to my Dad most of the alarms on these were removed. Problems I'm going to guess. I do know my grandfather had more then 10 vintage clocks, I inherited the "purchased by family" ones.
Yep! I have another!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some NICE clocks!!

Thank you!! I have another weight clock, but it was a gift to my grandfather.....he saved a ladies belongings from a flood.... It is nowhere near the quality of the other two.
It is cool that all three are different brands. The above weight clock even says "warranted good" on the label!:headbang:
New Haven, Waterbury and Seth Thomas.:icon_thumright:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me awhile to find your thread, you would think I'd know how to use the site by now.....

Since I talked to you last we picked up 3 more pinballs...Black Hole, which is a major project, That one will probably get parted, it's just missing too much. A Simpsons, another project, but her and I have been working on it. She wants to keep it after I redid the Play field, And I kind of like the idea of a "us" project. :laughing7: And I picked up a non working Mr and Mrs Pac-man, That I'm waiting for parts on right now.

Here's a few pics of the Simpsons Playfield I redid, It's not perfect, but came out ok. It was my first one, so the next one will be better.Some of my color matches are off, I missed a few detail things that would have made it look better, but I was in a hurry to bury it in clear. :laughing7: It still needs a little more wet sanding and a final coat of clear. But the garage is too cold for that right now, so it's sitting..

The white you see everywhere is the dust/slime from wet sanding, I didn't clean it before I took the pics...

pinball 2 045.JPG
pinball 2 095.JPG
pinside 004.JPG
pinside 005.JPG
pinside 007.JPG

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New pick ups/wiring/switches and such for my Epiphone plus top. I have waited months for these to show up on Ebay! The can only be purchased used.... Epiphone won't sell them. They were removed from an epi Les Paul.
Alnico magnets in the pick ups. Each of the two volume controls can be pulled up... That splits the humbuckers in to single coils. The bridge pickup's tone control can be pulled up to achieve a 15db boost!!
(9 volt battery powered) boost is adjustable. Plug in, no soldering required.. We will see how that works as far as any tone/signal loss.

Also included...free a set of Elixer Nanoweb guitar strings. They are coated and are said to last 3-5 times longer then ordinary strings. I have never tried them (12 bucks) but the price is right!!

DSCN2039.JPG

DSCN2041.JPG

DSCN2033.JPG

DSCN2035.JPG

DSCN2038.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread