Oregon Vikings off topic.... free for all thread!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Now I can find the thread. I can't ever find threads....You would think I would learn that by now! :laughing7:

When you reply to a thread....or subscribe.... you can set it so T-net sends you an e-mail when someone responds.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the latest project that I'll probably never finish! I have some time on this one though. My sons not really old enough to understand it yet. He just pushes buttons and watches lights. :laughing7:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-flintstones-repair

I have so many projects started and then I either run out of money, don't have the tool, or whatever and then it gets shoved aside and forgotten, then I start another one.....Just an endless cycle! But it keeps me happy!!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool!
Don't ever sell any of those (unless you make mucho dinero)
Or have to move into a travel trailer....they suck, you have to go outside to change your mind!:laughing7:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool!
Don't ever sell any of those (unless you make mucho dinero)
Or have to move into a travel trailer....they suck, you have to go outside to change your mind!:laughing7:

I had to sell one of the better ones a couple of months ago...But that's just the way it goes! It sucked to do it because it was the one my wife played all the time. But bills came and not enough to cover it....well....and you gotta eat too! The pinball didn't taste good, so I had to sell it!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine said this Paintball gun doesn't work, it's yours.
it appears to have never been fired!. He borrowed a CO2 tank.... nothin'
OK project!
Turns out it has an electronic trigger, needs a 9 volt battery to operate. Single shot, 3,6, or 9 shot burst. And full auto.
It is an older gun only shoots 15 balls per second. So I had to get an electronic hopper to feed the balls fast enough. Upgraded all the internals, got a HPA (high pressure air) tank..... no CO2 freeze. barrel wasn't cutting it so got a 14 inch carbon fiber barrel.
I found ghost pepper balls, breaker balls (hard plastic) Hmmmm. .68 cal at 400 FPS!
It was a learning experience...read the online manual a lot! First time a tried it it wouldn't stay cocked, poor performance. Turns out the o rings were old,a rebuild kit and oil fixed that.

PMI 001.JPG

PMI 003.JPG

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to sell one of the better ones a couple of months ago...But that's just the way it goes! It sucked to do it because it was the one my wife played all the time. But bills came and not enough to cover it....well....and you gotta eat too! The pinball didn't taste good, so I had to sell it!:laughing7:

I have done the same thing with guitars....priority's!

Sold 'em... not tried to eat them... I make sawdust for a living...been there done that!:icon_scratch::BangHead::laughing7:

laughing11.gif

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Brad. How are you doing ? How's the boxes coming along ?

Good Mike. I don't know if you knew or not but I donated a total of 15 to the Franklin PD & Rotary last Dec. They did a HUGE toy & food drive to fill each box and give to a needy family. I put a memorial plate with my late daughters and grandsons names upon each one donating each in their name. The PD, Rotary and I are going to do it again this year. I already have 10 special boxes made up for this year. I'm trying to start a like program in my county but it's slow going. And the Rotary donated $500.00 to me to pay for another batch of 10-12 in the future for their area. I'm also still selling them and have reached the 150 mark a few weeks ago. I'd like to do a website and get shipping boxes but I'm afraid I'll get what I'm "asking" for and be overrun quickly....? Guess I need to grow a pair and try...?

So how about you Mike....? PM me if that's better for ya.... Brad

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome Brad. 150 ?? Wow. It just goes to show what everyone said..you do great work.
I don't know how I am. I almost lost my wife. It is something that I never expected with the way my health has been. About five months ago her new doctor ended up overdosing my wife. I was glad that I found her when I did.
I had to use CPR. She is still here though. Nobody is dying on my watch!
I should have really tried to buy that house that you had for sale.. regretting that.

Hey RC..you aren't far from prostock are you ?
That guy told me that it would take him a year or so to fix my 1265x..been over two years.. I guess I should call the guy.
Hopefully he still has it.
Has anyone talked to Texas Red ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yes Mike, it's good to see you back. All works out well in the end - I live by that rule, and of course very deep faith.

I don't believe, I know. I've lived it.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
My faith has been shaken to the point of me nearly walking away from it entirely.
Not a great choice, but I am literally tearing myself apart from the whys, and only having mysterious ways given as answers.
I could use some help with this. World talker or Chris comes to my mind first..
Someone can figure it out.
I did manage to get some serious talk therapy with a real therapist in the last two years. That certainly helped me release myself from some of the guilt and shame.
Not a Crispin quality head analyzer..but I made do.
I am not dramatic any longer..life is too short for BS!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My faith has been shaken to the point of me nearly walking away from it entirely.
Not a great choice, but I am literally tearing myself apart from the whys, and only having mysterious ways given as answers.
I could use some help with this. World talker or Chris comes to my mind first..
Someone can figure it out.
I did manage to get some serious talk therapy with a real therapist in the last two years. That certainly helped me release myself from some of the guilt and shame.
Not a Crispin quality head analyzer..but I made do.
I am not dramatic any longer..life is too short for BS!

Brother Mike..

Life is so simple it is hard,you can not figure it out in your head..you will come up with an answer and it is always the WRONG one.Have you given the meditation exercise a go??You DO NOT want to live in your head(the more you think the more you sink when fueled by emotions).The exercise will lead you OUT of your head and you become an OBSERVER of the craziness in this world.

Play the Antidote - 7 Minutes to Change How You React Under Stress

We are not born the way we are,it is a learned behavior,in this video Roy explains what has happened to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWy5WgG9z3I&spfreload=1#t=371.93076

OldGreybeard

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Polk County, FL/ Originally Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could use some help with this. ...

Mike (or BC1969) as you prefer. I'm brand new here, so I know nothing about you or your issues, except your desperation and faith crisis. I am a retired pastor, and have experience in psych counseling. I'll leave it to you to let me know if you'd like to give it a shot. We can 'talk' via e-mail. As I said, it's your call. I am more than willing to help. Meanwhile, I'll be praying for you in your struggle. God bless you.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oregon....Here's the pinball cabinet I'm trying to build....I have hardly any tools, a circular saw and an old router with a couple bits....It's coming along ok, not as good as I would like.....but my first attempt. at something like this. I'm learning as I go.

HS cabinet 015.JPG
HS cabinet 008.JPG
HS cabinet 016.JPG

I still have a ton of work to do....The front corners are slightly loose...Not bad, but it took me a couple tries before I figured out the I had to account for a little slop in the router shaft. And I have other minor mistakes.....but so far I think its going to work out ok...

Glad to see your back BC1969!!! Sry for your pain....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread