Original Peralta Stone Map Photos

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a shame how Travis Tumlinson's awsome discovery has been destroyed by ignorant assumptions from those who pat themselves on their backs for what they were able to assume. Even his own relatives making up stories just to be recongnized.

Homar

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It's a shame how Travis Tumlinson's awsome discovery has been destroyed by ignorant assumptions from those who pat themselves on their backs for what they were able to assume. Even his own relatives making up stories just to be recongnized.

Homar
homar.....it sounds to me like you aren't accepting the facts...you are the one making assumptions..the only facts we have to go on is the ones travis's family have provided...they are the only people alive that knew travis...i realize you dont believe anything ryan says but i do believe what travis's descendants say..and they all say the same thing....so i'm going with them..you are certainly welcome to believe what you want

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
But............Travis could not have carved the crosses into the cactus at carney springs or marsh valley
alan....after the movie "lust for gold" came out there were idiots running all over the mountains destroying all the original markers and carving their own...i would not pay much attention to the markers that are currently out there

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
alan....after the movie "lust for gold" came out there were idiots running all over the mountains destroying all the original markers and carving their own...i would not pay much attention to the markers that are currently out there
Dave, the markers I am referring to were known in 1940 and are accepted as being very old, None of them exist today.
you can find mention of them and a photo in Glovers book.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis had a sense of humor at least. He carved his Priest stone with only one thing in mind. He was influenced very much by one photo and Movie as a child. That photo which he claimed was from a coloring book came from a well known source.

View attachment 1642962

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
homar.....it sounds to me like you aren't accepting the facts...you are the one making assumptions..the only facts we have to go on is the ones travis's family have provided...they are the only people alive that knew travis...i realize you dont believe anything ryan says but i do believe what travis's descendants say..and they all say the same thing....so i'm going with them..you are certainly welcome to believe what you want

Here is a problem with your statement, either Janie Tumlinson lied, or someone posing as her did, this is the only fact we have, everything else is speculation and hearsay.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a problem with your statement, either Janie Tumlinson lied, or someone posing as her did, this is the only fact we have, everything else is speculation and hearsay.

Alan,

In both mine and Dave's Cases, it was absolutely Janie Tumlinson. She just told two different stories to two different sets of people.

Mike

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Howdy Dave,

I am not trying to change your mind about the PSM's, but I have yet to see a real fact presented, showing that Travis made them. All that I have seen is that Travis was incapable of having created them. If you are just going by what the relatives had to say, Travis' own daughter was way too young to really remember what little she could have made of things, and his grandson was not even born.

A good while back I proved to Old how the vivid recollections of two of Travis' nephews were just stories made to fit Ryans own story. Anyway, the stones speak for themselves to anyone with a little common sense willing to listen to them.

Homar

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan,

In both mine and Dave's Cases, it was absolutely Janie Tumlinson. She just told two different stories to two different sets of people.

Mike
The whole thing reads as if the Tumlinson family created the story that Travis carved the stones because they wanted the whole thing to go away, even when Mitchell wrote his booklet, the Tumlinsons wished to remain anonymous.
or.....perhaps there is a story of how J. J. Tumlinson acquired a map from a party of Mexicans around 1825 who were searching for the treasure, those mexicans being mistaken as raiders by Tumlinsons rangers.
this could still support the notion that Travis carved the tablets, he just copied a real map.
anyway, no way to ever know unless something is found or one of the family members tells the story, even then, not many would believe it.
The solution to the tablets speaks volumes in itself, far too sophisticated for Travis to have created it.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i wasnt talking about janie...i've never talked to her...neither did ryan

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy Dave,

I am not trying to change your mind about the PSM's, but I have yet to see a real fact presented, showing that Travis made them. All that I have seen is that Travis was incapable of having created them. If you are just going by what the relatives had to say, Travis' own daughter was way too young to really remember what little she could have made of things, and his grandson was not even born.

A good while back I proved to Old how the vivid recollections of two of Travis' nephews were just stories made to fit Ryans own story. Anyway, the stones speak for themselves to anyone with a little common sense willing to listen to them.

Homar
i wasnt going by what ryan said...it was travis's grandson i talked to...i talked to a few others from texas also..i wont say their names here but take my word for it...they know travis carved the maps...if you really have proof otherwise please present it...and remember
facts.jpeg

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The whole thing reads as if the Tumlinson family created the story that Travis carved the stones because they wanted the whole thing to go away, even when Mitchell wrote his booklet, the Tumlinsons wished to remain anonymous.
or.....perhaps there is a story of how J. J. Tumlinson acquired a map from a party of Mexicans around 1825 who were searching for the treasure, those mexicans being mistaken as raiders by Tumlinsons rangers.
this could still support the notion that Travis carved the tablets, he just copied a real map.
anyway, no way to ever know unless something is found or one of the family members tells the story, even then, not many would believe it.
The solution to the tablets speaks volumes in itself, far too sophisticated for Travis to have created it.
if you have the solution to the maps you must be filthy rich from all the treasure you recovered....can i borrow a few hundred grand for a mining venture?:notworthy:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
if you have the solution to the maps you must be filthy rich from all the treasure you recovered....can i borrow a few hundred grand for a mining venture?:notworthy:
Damn, you were doing so good dave, communicating like a respectable person, many who has studied the maps have solutions, the number of landmarks which line up with the maps according to any solution is a lot, more than Travis could have known about. Besides, knowing where a treasure is on Federal land and retrieving it are two different things alltogether, the gold in a mine is worthless until you dig it out, I was sure you of all people would know that.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard of anyone planting things in their yards to get that "old patina"?

Why "patina" only one stone, then? Why not both the Trail Stones?

I think it is highly likely that if Travis made the Stone Maps, then he also likely made other things. What things share identical markings with the Stone maps? THE STONE CROSSES! I think Travis may have been holding on to the Stone Maps, while making and planting other stone items in the mountains. As people found those other items, they would provide provenance for his stone maps. With no provenance, they are worth thousands, but with provenance they could be worth hundreds of thousands or millions to the right people.

Mike

It seems to me to be a stretch to believe that TT would plant related items so that they would be found 20 years later on the other side of the Supers, in order to add "credence" to the Stone Maps. If he wanted to plant things to be found, don't you think he would want them found in his lifetime?

Also don't forget the cursum perficio which predates TT.

What of the Latin Heart? Why does no picture of it exist?

Just some things for you to think about.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Why "patina" only one stone, then? Why not both the Trail Stones?

It seems to me to be a stretch to believe that TT would plant related items so that they would be found 20 years later on the other side of the Supers, in order to add "credence" to the Stone Maps. If he wanted to plant things to be found, don't you think he would want them found in his lifetime?

Also don't forget the cursum perficio which predates TT.

What of the Latin Heart? Why does no picture of it exist?

Just some things for you to think about.
travis died at 51 years old...i dont think he planned to die that young

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer....travis's grandson isnt the only one that told me travis carved the maps...i talked to other family members via telephone...also the witch and the horse..it has already been proven they were copied from a coloring book...we have seen the pics...as far as the pock marks and the don goes...your guess is as good as mine.....travis probably used another bogus map as a model...think about this:
tom kollenborn spent 60 years in the mountains
ron feldman spent 50 years
larry hedrick..50 years
clay worst...70 years
bob corbin...60 years
louie ruiz...50 years
goerge johnston..50 years
carroll ingle...45 years
there are many more but this should suffice....all these people have spent their entire life up in the mountains (and i dont mean a couple weeks out of the year)..i mean their entire life...and they all have one thing in common...they dont waste a second of their time following those silly maps because they know they lead nowhere...if you want to continue working on these maps ..be my guest....just dont try to convince us they are real..we know better:headbang:

What coloring book? Do you have a picture? Does anyone have a picture of this coloring book?

Does anyone have a picture of TT actually carving those Stone Maps?

If he wanted to perpetuate a joke, or a scam, why did he let his family see what he was doing, and why didn't he at least swear them to secrecy?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What coloring book? Do you have a picture? Does anyone have a picture of this coloring book?

If he wanted to perpetuate a joke, or a scam, why did he let his family see what he was doing, and why didn't he at least swear them to secrecy?
I have been waiting for someone to post a pic of that infamous coloring book years......still waiting

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

lol...you guys must be democrats..there is no reasoning with you :dontknow:

the facts maam...just the facts....what we do know is travis carved the maps...there is plenty of testimony that i have heard with my ears to convince me of that..why he did it is anyone's guess...that is pure speculation...probably the same reason the rest of the stone map loonies planted false markers in the mountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread