Original photos Stone Maps

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pedro de Peralta

• Born: 1584 Spain
  • Arrived in Mexico winter of 1608-9 after attending university in Spain.
  • Appointed Governor of New Mexico 1609.
  • Imprisoned for one year in 1612.
  • Released/Vindicated in 1613/4?
  • Appointed commander of the Pacific seaport of Acapulco.
  • Appointed Alcalde of the Mexico City Royal Warehouse, 1621-22
  • To Caracas, Venezuela/married/ enters into a "commercial enterprise" 1637
  • Auditor and later treasurer of the Royal Treasury in Caracas 1644-1652
  • Resigned commission in 1654 and lived in Madrid.
  • Died: 1666 (Madrid, Spain)

Looks as though the Peralta theory of being in the Superstitions has been proven yet to be another fabrication.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Mr. Riley, Forgive a straw brain, but to me it looks like more then one person did that map. I see two different sets of artistic skills in it.
One had a pretty good grasp of art, nice buildings, the river with vegetation, trails. The other looks more like some kid was doodling, with the horses/cows done by someone with little skill in drawing animals.

Maybe some child found an old map and just added his/her touches to it? I did notice one other thing too, all of the animals seem to have their heads bowed down. I mean ask a child to draw a cow or horse, i would expect them to show the animal with it's head up. Looks like most are grazing.

But what do I know...

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Looks as though the Peralta theory of being in the Superstitions has been proven yet to be another fabrication.

Bill Riley,

Honestly, it is still not clear.
However, as azdave and others have pointed out, someone (Spanish/Mexican) was in the Superstitions mining/prospecting.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Riley, Forgive a straw brain, but to me it looks like more then one person did that map. I see two different sets of artistic skills in it.
One had a pretty good grasp of art, nice buildings, the river with vegetation, trails. The other looks more like some kid was doodling, with the horses/cows done by someone with little skill in drawing animals.

Maybe some child found an old map and just added his/her touches to it? I did notice one other thing too, all of the animals seem to have their heads bowed down. I mean ask a child to draw a cow or horse, i would expect them to show the animal with it's head up. Looks like most are grazing.

But what do I know...

You may be right. The Map came right off the website from the Archives of the Indies in Seville, Spain. All drawings of those early Spanish look a bit childish to me.

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
You guys have it all wrong the stone Maps or marker Stone by the Peraltas the stone maps leads them to their digging fields. ... they were placed in the ground so the Next Generation coming up could find their digging fields.. the stones Mark the location where the Peralta's were getting their gold from.....

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
The Peralta stones are a very accurate especially when over layed on a Google map. I know where the goldfields are... they're true they're real you can't fake geographical landmarks and trails...the Spanish people were excellent map makers....

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
One of the clues on the Peralta stones are the arrastars.... the grinding stones are right where the map says they are..... one of the grinding Stones lies on private property the second Stone lies on BLM land.... I've been there...I've seen it.....

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
The Peralta Stones even tell you how many leagues the grinding stones are apart

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Peralta stones are a very accurate especially when over layed on a Google map. I know where the goldfields are... they're true they're real you can't fake geographical landmarks and trails...the Spanish people were excellent map makers....

Hi DanB

Can you show an overlay of the place without the coords ? Just to convince us .

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Yes I will as soon as a monument is raised on the site we're working on that now until then I will not reveal it.... I want to make sure the land is federally protected so it can be preserved for future Generations

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
I can tell you for a fact it lies within the land boundaries granted to the Peralta family

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, actually Reavs had them made, but they were brought into the picture too late to do him any good. :laughing7::laughing7::coffee2::coffee2: < grick style

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, actually Reavs had them made, but they were brought into the picture too late to do him any good. :laughing7::laughing7::coffee2::coffee2: < grick style

Don Jose

I believe the land grant was at the proportions that Reavis had exposed it and there were documents enough to prove this , but the grant was too big to be accepted from the US gov . The gov made the maximum to prove the claim as a fraud , at some point with very ridiculous arguments . In the mid of 18th century when the grant was given , there were only desert with some small villages vs the time frame when Reavis claimed the land grant .
I believe the land grant was so big as was presented , and was given to the Peraltas with the purpose to find a treasure which was/is hidden in that area . The treasure was never found by the Peraltas , but instead they found some rich gold placers and some rich gold mines .

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Don Jose

I believe the land grant was at the proportions that Reavis had exposed it and there were documents enough to prove this , but the grant was too big to be accepted from the US gov . The gov made the maximum to prove the claim as a fraud , at some point with very ridiculous arguments . In the mid of 18th century when the grant was given , there were only desert with some small villages vs the time frame when Reavis claimed the land grant .
I believe the land grant was so big as was presented , and was given to the Peraltas with the purpose to find a treasure which was/is hidden in that area . The treasure was never found by the Peraltas , but instead they found some rich gold placers and some rich gold mines .

You should read the confession that Reavis published.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Why you believe Reavis confession and not Waltz's . Both were published .

I find it incredible, based on what we now know, that anyone would believe that Dick Holmes was with Waltz when he died. It never happened, it could not have happened. A confession prior to Dick's trip to HIS onyx mine? Perhaps but, that is not the story that we have inherited. So, who wrote the Holmes Manuscript? Brownie denied it even thou TE Glover has suggested otherwise. Can you explain why? Actually, can anyone reading this explain it?

We know that the confession Reavis published was written by him (an experienced newspaperman) in an attempt to explain his deception and to "stick-it" to those who exposed him. Reavis admitted his guilt and then points to corruption among those who prosecuted him.

Both accounts were published, yes.
One went straight to print with the authors name and approval while, the other is still somewhat of a mystery.

How then can we possibly compare the two?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

I see you have not idea about " backstage arrangements " . Maybe you never heard " declare guilty to take a minor sentence " , or " Say this or sign this paper to avoid accidents " .
With the Reavis confession the " men in black " could been sure how Reavis will not continue the research to prove the land grant was true . IMO, the Reavis confession was an arrangement to be his " sins forgiven " .
You see a mystery and deny what is true , and you see a true in what is obvious a scam " arrangement " .
You never used the logic and your intuition but you only took literally what the articles " served " to " eat ".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread