Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was back today at a spot that produced some silver before. I've really hit this spot hard before but wanted to try it one more time since some rain had visited us. I found some aluminum junk not pictured, a button, 2 1990's clad nickels, then I got the 1964 Rosie dime. It was down 7.5 inches and was a weak high tone. Showed up 96 on the ID. Also found a couple crusty clad pennies and a rifle cartridge of some description I have not cleaned yet. It was decaying pretty bad, and the forward section is gone.
It's always amazing to me how these silver dimes come out. This one was a little more grimy than the other ones upon recovery but it cleaned up nicely with some baking soda. Love that silver coinage, and want MORE.
Hopefully now since the ORX has had a taste of silver it will want to find me more!
finds1.jpg

Upvote 14

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the Silver Rosie. I just purchased the ORX and it seems to be an awesome detector. Good Luck!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silv!!!

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only thing I can say is that the ORX is hot on aluminum. During the hunt a lot of aluminum pieces (cut off siding triangles) read 85-86 on the ID. Other than this aluminum love it has and the uncomfortable headphones it's a really good detector. It has the power to reach deeper finds and it deals well with difficult ground conditions. It's light, compact, and a charge lasts a long while.
I also used the pinpoint more, and that is a bit different to engage but also has the ability to home in really tight on the find. Really consider the ORX my "mop up" detector to use after I've picked the other more shallow finds from a site.
It's priced even more attractive now than it was when I purchased mine.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the Silver Rosie. I just purchased the ORX and it seems to be an awesome detector. Good Luck!

I'm curious how you feel the ORX compares to the Equinox 800. I had a EQ600 but could not adjust to the tones, my poor brain and ears didn't find its way of "talking" very pleasing. Not a flame-seeking question here, merely another person's observations. I always felt with the 600 some things were missing. Maybe I'd have been more happy with the 800.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding the '64 Roosevelt Dime! :icon_thumright:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
It's not so much if the ORX wants to find silver so much as do YOU want to find silver, RobNC. When you go out, Have the mindset that you will find silver today. Be positive about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread