OUCH!! Careful!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this guy under a box in the shed. If he looks a little FROSTY, it's because I just pulled him out of the freezer. Momma's orders! He's a little longer than 2 inches. Largest I've seen here in N. CA. so far. scorp.jpg TTC

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yikes..why was he in the freezer?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry..I would have had to have on 2 pairs of gloves to grab that critter. We don't have many down here but the ones we have are so small you have to have a magnifying glass to see em..

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yikes..why was he in the freezer?
To preserve him long enough to get him to a 5th grade teacher in Utah I know. Hard to strike when he is frozen SOLID! TTC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I don't have them here, I'd be getting stung regularly lol

almost every living creature that dosn't weigh a few hundred pounds rarely catches my attention.

almost ar117976134884335.gif 7_16_2.gif

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots back in Oklahoma, but those rascals can't live here at 10,000ft.! (At least not yet) Had one in my bath towel once and when I got out of the shower he hit me three times in the chest. It felt like gettin punched with a red hot poker. Luckily, I did have the sense to slip on my boot before I stomped him flat and I didn't have any type of reaction to the stings. You guys can keep em. Maybe you can train them to hunt fiddlebacks.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots back in Oklahoma, but those rascals can't live here at 10,000ft.! (At least not yet) Had one in my bath towel once and when I got out of the shower he hit me three times in the chest. It felt like gettin punched with a red hot poker. Luckily, I did have the sense to slip on my boot before I stomped him flat and I didn't have any type of reaction to the stings. You guys can keep em. Maybe you can train them to hunt fiddlebacks.
Tnx, guys. If I find another this large, I will hitch him to the lawn mower and get some work out of him! For a REAL treat, I'll take a pic using UV light. BRIGHT green! TTC

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's a biggun alright! The UV light is a cool trick. Scientists still don't know why they floresce. It's a good way to find them at night!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here he is under UV light. This pic is the best I could do with the handheld light. It is MUCH brighter in real life! uvscorp.jpg

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yowser! Scary.. Ya got more balls than me! LoL..

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a phatt female.. Prolly loaded with a hundred baby ones..

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a phatt female.. Prolly loaded with a hundred baby ones..
That could be! When not frozen (it is dead), it is very soft. Almost like a water balloon that has only a little water. Seems to be very fragile. More balls? No, I don't think so. More foolish maybe! Tnx. TTC

Last edited:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once lived out in the sticks and we had to shake our shoes and clothing out every morning. Never got stung, but shook out several of the boogers, especially from my shoes. M:unhappysmiley:nty

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked that from Monty. In rural Oklahoma, we hung up our clothes where they didn't touch the floor. And we shook our boots out. I developed a habit that when campin, I wrap my boots in my jacket and use them for a pillow. Maria thinks it's funny, but somedays when I first wake up I turn my footwear upside down and shake them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread