Our day Salem Gold Show

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well we got up bright and early and headed over in the wonderful spring weather ::) to the Salem GPAA gold show. The drive was not bad, but as you can see it was less than Springlike! We had a great time seeing everyone at the show and all the fun stuff to find gold with. We happened upon someone who had written his own book about his 50 years mining....not a how-to type book, a book of his experiences with delightful illustrations. Just so happens the author's last name was the same as mine so I was calling him uncle Bob. lol His sweet wife took pics of us with Idig4beer as well as getting one shot of Uncle Bob with us too! David got some of his books so if anyone wants to read the book they can contact Dave and get a copy. I am reading mine tonight...made Uncle Bob autograph it even! lol I am still in the valley and going to go hit the hot tub and get some rest before going back over the mountain so will likely visit with you all tomorrow morning! ~hugs~

Attachments

• DSC01673.JPG
    DSC01673.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC01670.JPG
    DSC01670.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01671.JPG
    DSC01671.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01673.JPG
    DSC01673.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01672.JPG
    DSC01672.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 216

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too cool...hey seriously he could be a long long lost relative girl....wtg cyn n dave..

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pictures glad you had a good time at the gold show if you want to see how my time was at the Gpaa Gold Show was last Oct in Carlise Pa. go to Dredging/ Panning/ Sluicing scroll down to First Successful Gold Panning Expidition By Jeff Of Pa. and read my 2nd post on Jeffs post now I have to wait for another show was a real bad weekend couldn't even make it on Sunday to much pain Now I am looking forward to another show :) :icon_sunny: :sunny: :happy3: Bob

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
Good grief, sis, I don't like snow.....I would of been laying on the floor board. Thanks for showing me pics of what I missed....meanie. Glad to hear that you two had a really good time. C U when you get here. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
stoney56 said:
Love the pics. 8) Will get with DWD and see about one.

I read about half the book last night! I was really enjoying it. His sense of humor is great and has an amazing amount of stories of his adventures. Pretty informative as well. I am going to check and see if I can find an email address there to send him a thank you or just wait for the paid invoice to show up and send one to him from that.

Bootybay said:
too cool...hey seriously he could be a long long lost relative girl....wtg cyn n dave..

Seriously....I kept looking at him and thinking he looked like he could be a brother to my grandpa.....I am going to send the pic to Dad and see what he thinks!

aa battery said:
Nice story...aa

:icon_sunny: thanks

labradoodle of pa said:
nice pictures glad you had a good time at the gold show if you want to see how my time was at the Gpaa Gold Show was last Oct in Carlise Pa. go to Dredging/ Panning/ Sluicing scroll down to First Successful Gold Panning Expidition By Jeff Of Pa. and read my 2nd post on Jeffs post now I have to wait for another show was a real bad weekend couldn't even make it on Sunday to much pain Now I am looking forward to another show :) :icon_sunny: :sunny: :happy3: Bob

Oh my! gonna have to read that one for sure! Hopefully the next show will be great!

fossis said:
Looks like a fun outing

Fossis.............

It was....we had a great time and was fun to meet Idig plus I saw my Uncle Dave and Aunt Glenda that I had not seen since the last gold show! lol Was waiting in line to get in and there they were! Was hoping to see Eathan but did not run into him and seems he forgot his cell phone too! ::) lol

Wicked Wanda said:
Good grief, sis, I don't like snow.....I would of been laying on the floor board. Thanks for showing me pics of what I missed....meanie. Glad to hear that you two had a really good time. C U when you get here. :icon_sunny:

Bah! David drives very carefully on slick roads and you probably would have slept all the way over! :tongue3: Besides...that hot tub felt REALLY good last night! hmmmm where is that neeener neeeener neeeener icon? :icon_scratch: lol We really did have a good time but missed you a lot! Would have been fun to have you there! Tom Massie was even there signing folks gold pans for them and Joey from the prospecting channel online.....ran into him and told him Jeff said to say hi and that I really enjoyed the last show. He was a real kick to visit with! Wish you could have gone!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Looked like you and Dave had a great time, The drive there must have been a beautiful one; even if you have had snow for who knows how long :blob3:

BTW...did you take rolls? :tongue3:

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol no rolls Wes. I am hoping the management of the condos where I live will soon get my oven fixed....for someone that loves to bake as much as I do it really sucks to have to go to someone else's house if I wanna bake! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread