Our Orchids Are Blooming

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our orchids are blooming, currently have 7 with spikes at the moment and 5 of the spikes have blooms.

1000002193.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bee-yute-a-full!!!

Are they in pots?
No, these are vanda orchids, no soil needed, the ones in our house are phalaenopsis, they are in pots with orchid potting mix.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, these are vanda orchids, no soil needed, the ones in our house are phalaenopsis, they are in pots with orchid potting mix.
OK I was wondering if mine (I will start another thread in my daily snapshot ) needed a pot that drained or held the water.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all beautiful. We have lots of orchids that do well but our 3 Vanda Orchids while green & healthy seldom bloom.
We spray ours often with Miracle Grow "bloom booster" fertizler.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been looking for some native orchids to transplant to my prairie restoration. No luck yet. They are very rare in the wild now.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I was wondering if mine (I will start another thread in my daily snapshot ) needed a pot that drained or held the water.
What does it have for the growing medium, orchids need well drain containers.
They should be in a potting mix made from fir tree bark, redwood bark chips, pine bark, cocoanut husks or a orchid potting media.
Orchids do not do well sitting in dirt and need pot that drains well.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does it have for the growing medium, orchids need well drain containers.

They should be in a potting mix made from fir tree bark, redwood bark chips, pine bark, cocoanut husks or a orchid potting media.
Orchids do not do well sitting in dirt and need pot that drains well.
OK Thank you. They were purchased in plastic pots. Bark like soil. They are growing out the bottom of the pots! I should buy an orchid book.

100_2678.JPG

100_2677.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread