Out detecting with my Mrs and daughter :) good times haha.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I managed a few short hunts metal detecting recently and also managed to get the Mrs and daughter to come down and show me how metal detecting should be done !

It was really nice to get the daughter detecting and she absolutely loved it and wants me to buy her a metal detector now so that she can come out with me. Maybe I will have to get her a Garrett ace 150 or something ?

I want to apologise in advance for the wind noise, it was blowing an absolute hooley!

I hope you enjoy the video and please give it a thumbs up and subscribe :)

https://youtu.be/40fOeTJULMA

Settings used on the Makro Racer were three tones, gain 95, id filter 25 and the rest as standard with a good ground balance.

Happy hunting all.

Upvote 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! It's great you got the family out there detecting too! GL HH!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ringo!! "I've just just dug up me lost drumstick!!" :laughing7: Your videos always make me smile :hello:

Nice to see your nice daughter and the lovely Mrs. Bainsey joining you on this hunt! Tell her I enjoyed the modelling segment with the detector :occasion14:

I have found something very similar to that little plaque with the P on it. Mine had no letter and I can't remember now if I found it in England last time I was on holiday there with my family. I'll have to try and find it.

Hope you found enough coins to pick up some fish & chips for your tea on the way home :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and thanks for the kind comments everyone, Erik you make me smile haha, the plaque with the letter P on it has been identified as a 19th horse brass.

Andy

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Andy--always enjoy your videos mate! Thanks for the ID on the 19th c. horse brass. Any idea where on a horse it was used. I have almost an identical one to yours with the scalloped corners.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Andy--always enjoy your videos mate! Thanks for the ID on the 19th c. horse brass. Any idea where on a horse it was used. I have almost an identical one to yours with the scalloped corners.

I'm not to sure buddy but I think they were fastened to a leather think that was hung over the horses shoulder ?

Andy

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a thumbs-up.jpg