Out of the mouth of babes!

karajo

Dec 29, 2004
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
haha! cute!
i had one come up to me the other day and say as she saw me digging .... what are you building?
too bad the rest of her brothers and sisters came up too to gawk at me and bother me........ parents thought it was "cute"
-kara

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had 3 little guys(7)or so come threw a woods i was swinging an digging was cold so had duck hunting coat on(camo) camo pants green back pack so they kind of stayed away at first then started making my way toward them(slowly swinging of course)they looked at me and got real quiet,looked st each other and come over to me and say "soldier man,you got a gun there in your hand?",i say "um,no its a metal detector"what you doing looking for bombs and bullets and stuff?"since they wre cute as a bug i say "yep be cafefull were you walk!"so they run to the bikes and rode off yelling"wre not walking,were not walking" ;D ah the joys of youth!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think parents should be more respective of others and responsible of their kids while in parks, etc. I've been in parks, and similar places before where the parents are sitting while their kids are playing, and then the kid/s come bothering you while you're detecting, and even though it's obvious that you don't want to be bothered, the parents act like it's ok for them to pest and bother you & others minding their own business/doing their own thing. There's nothing more that makes me want to walk over and slap a parent that doesn't show the respect of your privacy by allowing their kid/s to harass/bother you while you're trying to detect and mind your own business. It's the same as the 'classic' parent/s that allow their kid/s to run, jump, yell, etc. in restaurants while you're trying to have a nice quiet dinner with your spouse (but nooooo) there's always got to be the xoxo's that let their kids run wild like animals in public places where others are trying to enjoy themselves, and NOT bothering anyone.

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Treasure lady, you should have spun around and put the coil up close to the kid and then asked them if they brushed their teeth that morning!!

Kids can be cute for the first 5 minutes but you do have a point, lonewolfe, about parents letting them do whatever they want. I'd have to say I'm with you on this one, I have two kids of my own and would never let them do that.

Dudes

TOWcritter

I waited till I was 36 to get married. My wife is 11 years younger than me. Every time we go to a family function we see my 6 brothers and sisters kids. On the way home we look at each other and say....NAHHHhhhhhh........... We're greedy I guess. We don't want to share. We love to visit but when it's time to go home.....No Baggage.....The times I have had kids come up to me while detecting they look at me like ....I'm crazy! NP! Yo...Yo...and all that other crap....GOD...I'm turning into my Father!!!damn......I'm doomed...............

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kid pholosophy....1 child, they are self centered, 2 children become rivals, 3 children...perfect, 4 and over become ANIMALS! I have 3 girls and would not give them up for the world! I raised them to respect their elders, behave in restaurants, and most of all RESPECT EACH OTHER'S AND EVERYBODY ELSES PERSONAL SPACE! So it really bugs me when you go to church, high school concerts, grocery stores, and wherever, and the parents let their children run WILD! I put our girls in one cart, and groceries in the other when I shopped. This way they were not in anyones way. Hey, I'm not bragging, they're not perfect, they are still kids and have their days, but...at least they are not ANIMALS! I can't wait to start detecting and find the joys of what all of you are experiencing! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread