Pinpointer question.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use a metal probe like a icepick deal or metal scriber with a rounded tip cost a few bucks not 50-100 bucks save your money,round the tip off with a good file.or a butter knife all cheap save is the name of the game ;Dhope this helps

OP
OP
karajo

karajo

Dec 29, 2004
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thanks dekalb i currently use a screwdriver to dig and wahtnot but cant pinpoint with it as the soil is pretty rocky

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
There was another post about Pinpointers on here not long ago. Seems a lot of people, including myself, who use the White's Bullseye 120mm Pinpointer and everyone who posted seemed to love it. They were also saying that you could take the cover off and you'll see a blue screw inside which can be adjusted to give it even more "depth". I never changed mine because I find everything within a couple inches of the plug with mine already and don't feel I need a "hand-held metal detector". Long story short, the White's Bullseye is a GREAT pinpointer with tone and vibrating to alert you of the target.
xXx

Breville

Greenie
Jan 10, 2005
dekalb33 said:
use a metal probe like a icepick deal or metal scriber with a rounded tip cost a few bucks not 50-100 bucks save your money,round the tip off with a good file.or a butter knife all cheap save is the name of the game ;Dhope this helps

The uniprobe and the sunray are supposed to give you 3 to 4 inches on coin sized objects, never used them myself, i have a whites bulseye thats ok but dont give you much in the hole depth, i have to be just about touching the target for it to go off or it goes off in the air or just by touching the ground, maby that adjust screw needs to be turned.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Hi Kara.

The White's Bullseye pinpointer and the Tinytec line are both worthy of your consideration. There is a pinpointer that Kellyco sells called the Automax, which in my opinion is a piece of junk. I used an Automax once when a friend of mine let me borrow his. I couldn't return it fast enough.

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I use the Bullseye Pinpointer. I can't imagine hunting without one. They are a little pricey, but it saves so much time. When I dig out a plug and don't see the object, I touch around the hole and the plug and usually find it. If not i dig a little deeper and probe the hole each time.

C

Carl in CO

I heard a couple of great posts:
XXX--turning the screw. I might try that sometime.
Pirate---using the heel of the coil. I'll try that too sometime.
I use the White's Bullseye. It works good. No real complaints. It'll probably pick up a quarter buried an inch. Sometimes when probing a hole it gives off a false signal, but they are real short and easy to distinguish. It would be nice if the probe was a longer. I've dug narrow deep holes and not been able to get the box in the hole and push the button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread