spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most interesting one I've read on here was from Westfront, in Germany. He was hunting I believe a WW1 battlefield and and had several experiences. The thing is he was with his dog that was also reacting. I can't remember the forum and I think it was about 2 years ago. Great read with pictures :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering why reading thread from this site make me hungry. :dontknow:

Right now I feel like having :spam4: and eggs :tongue3:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do wonder about this and would expect some detectorists somewhere to have had paranormal experiences at one time or another while metal detecting..After all, we are dealing with places and things from the past that were directly related to someone that was once alive and who may have imprinted an area or items with their energy. Ever see the Scifi show "Haunted Collector"?

K

Kentucky Kache

I assume the reference is to seeing a ghost. Although generally I dismiss all that stuff as over-reaction and letting imagination dominate. However, as a young man growing up on a farm I had my own little "experience". My turn for weekly chores in the barn ended after dark and some nights it was really late. The path from the barn to the house was a good 200 yards and went past the foundation of an old house nestled in a grove of huge trees. Frequently I would see a misty luminescence hanging in the area of the old foundation. OK, nothing alarming, but when the mist moved ... that is when I'd pick up my pace. More like an all-out run to the house. Parents and sisters always thought I was just showing up all out of breath from sprinting to get in shape for track.

This went on for years, and I only once tried to tell my older sisters about the misty luminescence. None of them ever saw anything and they had done barn chores just like I did for years prior. I dropped the effort to get anyone to believe me and just lived with it. Until ... I was finishing up the chores and my girlfriend showed up at the barn entry out of breath and shaking like a leaf. She had walked down the path and as she put it ... was chased by a ghost. We both walked back to the house and the misty luminescence was there just like I had seen many nights over the years. Now I had a witness!

Years later at a high school reunion she still recalls the "ghost" thing and said she never had the nerve to tell the story until she left the area to go to college.

If the thing had not moved a few times when I was looking at it I could have assumed it was due to some rising moisture vapor, but the mild illumination thing has no logical explanation. No lights were on in barn, the path was not lighted, and the house was too far away and obscured with plenty of trees to make any light from that source create a light on the old house foundation and grove of trees. Mystery to me now as it was then.

M

So then, why do you dismiss all that stuff as over-reaction and letting imagination dominate?

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Kentucky Kache said:
So then, why do you dismiss all that stuff as over-reaction and letting imagination dominate?

Glad you asked that question.

Possibly a flaw in my belief/disbelief structure. I don't for a second believe the hyped made for TV stuff on the paranormal shows. Devices to sense ghostly presence. Analysis of play backs of recordings. Their leaps of belief that a slowed down blip of sound is that of a ghost answering a question ... is too much of a stretch for me to swallow. Fogged film showing a ghost that people did not see when the photo was taken ... sigh ... I'm not buying that either.

I would much rather the TV producers interview people who actually personally had a sighting and build the story from that aspect. Not bring in a team to do a flim-flam scripted act that has "zingers" just before a commercial break then return after the break and do a rewind of the scripted act to refresh our weak brains as if we had forgotten everything prior to the commercial. Ghost "hunters" running around in a cemetery at night all rigged up with fore and aft cameras, lights and two-way radios. Whispering of course over the radios so they can sneak up on ... whatever. Gimme a break. <lol>

Summary: my reference to over-reaction is to the TV hype. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

M

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

Glad you asked that question.

Possibly a flaw in my belief/disbelief structure. I don't for a second believe the hyped made for TV stuff on the paranormal shows. Devices to sense ghostly presence. Analysis of play backs of recordings. Their leaps of belief that a slowed down blip of sound is that of a ghost answering a question ... is too much of a stretch for me to swallow. Fogged film showing a ghost that people did not see when the photo was taken ... sigh ... I'm not buying that either.

I would much rather the TV producers interview people who actually personally had a sighting and build the story from that aspect. Not bring in a team to do a flim-flam scripted act that has "zingers" just before a commercial break then return after the break and do a rewind of the scripted act to refresh our weak brains as if we had forgotten everything prior to the commercial. Ghost "hunters" running around in a cemetery at night all rigged up with fore and aft cameras, lights and two-way radios. Whispering of course over the radios so they can sneak up on ... whatever. Gimme a break. <lol>

Summary: my reference to over-reaction is to the TV hype. My ghost was real. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

M

I'm with you on the made for TV junk. But just because there are fakes, that doesn't mean the real doesn't exist. I'm glad you can see that. :icon_thumright:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Kentucky Kache said:
I'm with you on the made for TV junk. But just because there are fakes, that doesn't mean the real doesn't exist. I'm glad you can see that. :icon_thumright:

Fakes? Can you prove their fakes. If you can't prove it then it must be real.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 48 yrs. old, and always thought "ghosts" were just peoples imagination running away with them, but ever since my sister and her family bought an old house, I've become a believer.

The house dates from the 1870's, is very large, and sit's on four lots in a small town.

They got a real good deal on it, so good I was sure something was wrong. The former owners left the state.

Not long after they moved in, Sister, husband and 5 kids, strange things started to happen.

The 6 year old daughter was found crying in her room, hands over her ears saying the mean man is yelling at me.

A picture of the kids on a shelf, behind glass figurines, was smashed on the floor while my sister was in the next room. She said no way the framed picture fell off the shelf without rising up and over the figurines.

Brother in law wakes up, clothes aren't on the chair beside the bed. They are laid out on the floor in the shape of a person.

Feelings of a child getting in bed with the parents, and when they turn on a light there is no one there.

dozens of strange things went on over the next year, so they went to their minister to see if he could help. He is Baptist, and a little " over the top" if you ask me, but he showed up, did some hocus pocus, burned a couple books (?) in the driveway, and that was the end of the events.

Since then I haven't dismissed people's stories as I used to, my sister and her husband are educated, smart people and I totally believe them.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so they went to their minister to see if he could help. He is Baptist, and a little " over the top" if you ask me, but he showed up, did some hocus pocus, burned a couple books (?) in the driveway, and that was the end of the events.

That's because regardless if people think or feel that they are good or bad, ghosts aren't Casper, they are demons and the pastor cast them out in His name. Enough said, point made, don't wanna get deleted by the Mods : )

K

Kentucky Kache

Fakes? Can you prove their fakes. If you can't prove it then it must be real.

I can prove the show a fake. Actually, they prove themselves fakes. I think they sometimes catch paranormal activity, but their show is just a production.
Now, if you have a question that's NOT sarcastic, I'll try to answer it, too.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Kentucky Kache said:
I can prove the show a fake. Actually, they prove themselves fakes. I think they sometimes catch paranormal activity, but their show is just a production.
Now, if you have a question that's NOT sarcastic, I'll try to answer it, too.

Ok, what show are you talking about? Then go ahead and prove it wrong.

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Kentucky Kache said:
You don't even know what we're talking about?

Look what you typed above. You said you could prove some show a fake. So name the show your talking about and prove it a fake.

K

Kentucky Kache

Look what you typed above. You said you could prove some show a fake. So name the show your talking about and prove it a fake.

Start a thread titled, "Reality shows. Real or fake?" I'll be happy to post your answer there. This thread is about something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread