Out with the bounty hunter and in with the E-trac. Any tips?

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why did you ditch the bounty hunter.

Well with the E-trac on the way, and I'm also going to buy a Garrett AT Pro for water hunting. I don't see a need to keep the Bounty Hunter anymore, even though the bounty hunter did bring me some nice finds.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just sold my Bounty Hunter Land star on ebay and have an E-trac on the way. I'm looking for disc setting tips and any kind of useful knowledge that someone or anyone can throw at me. I'm really excited I can't wait to get my new detector.

There is an entire forum section with the information you seek: Click on "Brands". Click on "Minelab".

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice is to read both the Minelab manual and the Sabisch book several times before and after each hunt. Go to a sandy beach and dig everything so you'll know what the readings mean compared to the actual target. You can do it in a park too but it's just easier to recover hundreds of targets at the beach with a scoop rather than having to dig each one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions