cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured out what was going on. There was some cross-talk between the two detectors.....but only in the water.....and only if the units were 3 feet or closer together! So, if anyone else has that problem with using the Vibra-Probe and an Excalibur or E-trac, just more the search coil at least 3 feet away from the pin pointer, and it will quiet down. I also want to give a thumbs-up to the people at Vibra-Probe up in Simi Valley, Ca. They sent me another unit the next day after talking to them about it. I was able to test both and compare to see what the problem might be. It's nice to find companies with excellent customer service these days.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people at Treasure Products have an "excellent" reputation for customer service.

Very few companies like this left.

And their products are made "Here in America"

Very few companies like that left as well.

8400612062_e79398df37_s.jpg

Treasure Products, Inc | Home of the Vibra-Probe

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used a vibraprobe 580 for almost a year. My only complaint is that it interferes with my detector coil when it is turned on. I have used it in both fresh and salt water.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's the problem I was having. Once I realized what it was, I just moved the detector coil far enough away so the pin pointer wouldn't buzz all the time. My problem only happened when they were wet. In dry sand or grass, they were fine.......strange.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own 2 vibraprobes and a vibra tector. Haven't had a problem with either of them in salt water. Sure yours didn't leak? Was the cap secure? It is submersible to a hundred feet I believe. Everyone rants about how great the Garrett Pro pointer is but I'd take the Vibraprobe any day. It is weatherproof, makes no noise that attracts attention and vibrates only on the tip. Yes, it does go off when your detector is close and vice versa but it works extremely well....Actually my girlfriend has a Garrett Pro pointer for me for Valentines, so i am anxious to see how it compares. Hope it works out ok...HHing!!

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is brand new and was having the problem before I submerged it so a leak didn't enter into it. Treasure Products sent me another one thinking that my first one was defective. Both reacted exactly the same way so I figured it wasn't a bad pinpointer. The vendor I got it from suggested that it might be some cross talk but since it didn't do it unless the detectors were wet, I was skeptical. I figured they would cross talk easier out of the water rather than in it but I guess I was wrong since it was the other way around. Any way, problem solved. I just wanted to alert other detectorists that if they run across this situation, that cross talk might be your problem. After using this VibraProbe for many hunts now, I can recommend it highly. It works very well, has a good holster, and good penetration. It just reacts to metal at the tip so no false signals from the side. It's also nice to have a silent one in certain circumstances and you don't have to remove your headphones to work it. Treasure Products is also a first rate company to deal with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions