Over 1400 gold coins found buried under a tree. What we all dream of!

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is what some of us dream about. It sounds like they will do some good things with what they found. Great story. My wife just asked me when can we do the same thing. I told her we will just keep digging and maybe it will happen. You never know where something might be buried.

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Uncle Sam will be the big winner here, when all is sold, said and done! Bummer for the folks who found the treasure!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not have said a word about my find.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Uncle Sam will be the big winner here, when all is sold, said and done! Bummer for the folks who found the treasure!

Yeah a real "bummer". Okay so you pay your taxes on your find. Not much different than any other legal transaction. You give some to charity which helps other people out an gives you a write off. Gift some to a bunch of friends. Pay off all your debts. After all is said and done you still have millions of dollars that you can invest, spend, bury or whatever without having to worry about the IRS coming after you. "Bummer for the folks that found the treasure"? Are you kidding! Some people can put a negative spin on anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread