Over Priced Parts

HotRodder

Nov 14, 2006
Detector(s) used
White 5000/D CoinMaster GEB/TR Disc.
Went looking on E-Bay for MD things and noticed they had lots of Batterie holders, like 8-AA and 6-AA holders from $6.00 up to as high 14.95. You can get the exact same thing from Radio Shack for $2.00 and tax. There are lots of Detectors on E-Bay as well, some cheap and some very high in price. I guess it would be hard to tell which ones are the good ones for less money unless you follow what the guys on here have learned from useing these things. Anyway wonder how many people buy the batterie holders at the higher price.

Hotrodder

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I noticed the same thing when I was looking for an external swimming pool pump timer. On the bay they wanted $30-50 for the same part I got at Home Depot for $18.00 plus tax. Some people think eBay always has the best prices but that's not always true.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
i bought 4 9v batters rechargable and a chargher off ebay. i live in the middle of nowhere and looked all around for them and ebay was the only place i found them so iam glad i found them. i cant afford to buy batterys every time i turn around aS iam on a fixed income. so you can find what you need when noone else has it. :thumbsup:

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
personally I think you could use the term overpriced to include the whole detector sometimes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread